𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤

Chapter Twenty-Two —— 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐜𝐤

Make yourself a priority once in a while. It's not selfish. It's necessary.
——Karen A. Baquiran

"Look, there's no way I'm living in that cottage; I know you can't come on my side, but—" His lips, suddenly fierce against mine, broke my concentration

I pushed him away.

"You can't shut me up with a kiss, Edward; keep your lips to yourself," I said.

Edward smirked.

"Now, as I was saying, you can keep the cottage for Renesmee, but you're going to build me a house on or near the treaty line so that way it's easy for us well me to be on both sides," I said to Edward as we walked near the open space where I wanted the house to be built.

"How big do you want this house to be?" Edward asked me as he was shocked by the size of the land I could buy from the county.

"It's just five acres of land, Edward, but I want at least six rooms, an office, a den area, a family room, a dining area, four bathrooms, and 2,087 sq. ft. of living space," I answered.

I turned to face him and held up my hands to show him my vision of the house.

"I want a spacious deck for entertaining family & friends and enjoying the incredible view! A huge two-car garage includes a workshop, drive-through, and storage loft," I said.

"You know what you want," Edward said.

"Of course, I want this place to be secluded and private feel," I said.

"Okay, I'll get Esme and Emmett to help with building your dream house," Edward said.

"Thank you but make sure Alice stays away from decorating my house because I already brought things that I want to put in the house," I said as I kissed his cheek.

Edward nodded.

"Sure, but we still have to talk about some things, Althea," Edward said.

"I thought we talked about those things, Edward," I said with a pout.

"We did, but I still have questions," Edward said.

"Ugh, no more questions, I've given you an explanation, and that is more than I was willing to provide," I said.

"It would be easy if I could just read your mind, but it has this weird shield around it," Edward said.

Sometimes, Edward could read my mind clearly without trouble, then other times, my shield, which I didn't know I had until recently, would push him out of my mind. I know it bothered Edward that my mind wasn't one hundred percent open to him.

"I know, but it's a defense mechanism," I said.

Edward sighed.

"Let's focus on the house," Edward said.

"Great," I said.

—🦋—

"Leah," Kayla said, trying to get Leah's attention.

Leah looked at Kayla.

"Yes," Leah said.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out; you know Quil and Embry are close, and I feel that we should be close too," Kayla said.

Leah frowned.

"We can be acquaintances, but I'm not interested in being close friends," Leah said.

Kayla looked taken aback by Leah's words.

"Oh," Kayla said.

Janiva shook her head.

"Kayla, Embry, and Jacob are also close so that we can be friends," Janiva said.

Kayla smiled.

"Yes, I love that," Kayla said.

Althea walked in with Bella, and Leah stood up.

"What took you guys so long to come?" Leah asked as she looped her arms with Althea and Bella's arms.

"Sorry, we were getting your surprise ready for you at your house," Bella answered.

Leah pretended to be shocked.

"You guys have a surprise for me," Leah said.

Althea rolled her eyes.

"Quil already told you," Bella said.

Leah smiled.

"Yeah, you know Quil can't keep a secret from me," Leah said.

"What did you guys do for Leah?" Kayla asked.

"Oh, we just made a nursery for her; Edward gave Bella and me each a black card, and I thought we should use it wisely, and Bella suggested we make a nursery for Leah," Althea explained.

"And I love it, even though I haven't seen it yet," Leah said.

"Yeah, I made sure to get you the essential amenities while Althea went crazy with baby clothes and shoes," Bella told Leah.

"Turns out baby shoes are my weakness," Althea said as she pulled a tiny pair of shoes out of her purse to show the girls. "Look, I brought my baby's first pair of shoes," She said.

Kayla smiled.

"I'm so excited for you and Embry to have this baby," Kayla said.

Althea nodded.

"Yeah, so how is that going to work? Where will the baby live?" Janiva asked.

"With me, duh, Embry can visit," Althea answered.

"I don't think that's fine," Kayla said.

"It doesn't concern you; until you have a baby, then you can have a say in what's fine and not fine," Althea snapped at Kayla.

Kayla glared at Althea.

"You're trying to keep this baby away from Embry because he imprinted on me," Kayla said.

Althea chuckled.

"No, I'm not. That's the agreement Embry and I had before you came into the picture, Kayla, so back off," Althea said.

Bella quickly tried to diffuse the situation as she did not want to witness Althea murdering Kayla.

"Okay, let's go show Leah her new nursery," Bella said as she and Leah pulled Althea out of the door.

Once they got out of the house, Althea unlocked her car.

"You would demolish her," Leah said as they walked towards the car.

"Of course," Althea said, smirking.

"Yeah," Bella said, agreeing.