𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chapter Four — 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

We're all more than the person we show to everyone else. At least I hope so. Because I feel like there's more to me than that. I just haven't had the chance yet to show it.

—— Jessi Kirby, Golden

"Want to know the truth about imprinting?" I asked

"What?" Leah answered.

"Imprinting is about control... it's a way of keeping us in check. We're not meant to live forever. We were created to protect the tribe when the cold ones are near. Imprinting is not about having babies, it's about making sure we get the job done then return to normal." I said.

"But that's not going to happen since this area is a growing vampire central." Leah said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for this place to go back to normal." I said.

"So, that means when I imprint... I'll be able to get pregnant then?" Leah asked.

"Yes, but honestly you could get pregnant now without the imprint. I mean the skinwalkers that I met had kids without imprinting." I answered.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You could try having a baby with one of the boys who haven't imprinted yet." I replied.

She stared at me in shock.

"What? I know it would work. We can try it. I'll convince one of the guys to have sex with me and we'll see if I get pregnant." I said.

"Let's try it." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"Why did you come back?" Leah asked.

"I had a dream that I was needed to be here for you." I answered.

"Really?" She asked.

"I have a lot of dreams that are messages from our ancestors spirits and I guess that's why I knew where to find the tribe of female shifters." I replied.

"Are you upset about being a shifter?" She asked.

"I was a lot like you in the beginning but now I've accepted it and I know my purpose. I hope you can find your purpose in being a skinwalker, Leah." I answered, looking at her.

"I hope so too." She said.