𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐬

Chapter Ten — 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐬

As parents we have a tendency to overprotect; it's okay to try and show them all positives but we cannot forget that the real world has teeth
—Johnnie Dent Jr.

As parents we have a tendency to overprotect; it's okay to try and show them all positives but we cannot forget that the real world has teeth—Johnnie Dent Jr

"Charlie, what are you doing?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen to find Charlie filling a bag with different weapons.

"I got a strange letter in the mail. Did you know, Thea?"
Charlie asked.

I was confused.

"About what?" I asked.

"The Cullens? Did you know they were vampires?!" Charlie shouted.

I was shocked.

"What?" I asked.

Charlie glared at me.

"So you knew and let my fucking daughter marry one." Charlie said.

I could tell he was really angry.

"And the tribe, is it true? Is the legends true?" He asked.

I sighed. Whoever sent him that letter must have told him everything. So there was no point in lying or pretending not to know what he's talking about.

Charlie closed up the bag and walked out of the kitchen and towards the front door, opening it.

"Are you going to see Bella?" I asked, following out of the house.

"Got in." Charlie answered as we made it to the police cruiser.

I got in and buckled my seatbelt.

"After I deal with the Cullens, I'm taking you and Bella from away from here, do you hear me?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." I answered.

Charlie drove like a fucking maniac. He broke speed limits that he would normally give people tickets for.

When we got closer to the house, Charlie slowed down.

"Oh, Thank God....You're insane." I said, holding my chest.

Charlie cut the engine and I had to wait while he calmed himself down before he got out of the car and walked up the steps and just as Charlie raised his hand to knock, the door opened before he could.

Carlisle stood in the doorway, looking weary.

"Hello, Charlie, Althea," Carlisle said. "How are you?" He asked.

"Did you change her? We want to see Bella." I said.

Carlisle looked me at shocked.

"He knows everything." I said.

"Where is she?" Charlie asked.

"Er, it's not really the best time, Could we do this later?" Carlisle answered.