𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐨 𝐖𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧

Chapter Eleven — 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐨 𝐖𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧

It's never the differences between people that surprise us. It's the things that, against all odds, we have in common.
—Jodi Picoult, House Rules

"Charlie, you can't take or keep away your married daughter from her husband especially since she's pregnant with something that could possibly be dangerous to us

"Charlie, you can't take or keep away your married daughter from her husband especially since she's pregnant with something that could possibly be dangerous to us." Billy said.

Bella, Leah, Janiva and I were sitting on the couch as Charlie and the elders argued about Bella and the possible dangers that her unborn child could bring to the tribe.

"I honestly think Charlie was pretty badasss for facing a bunch of vampires." Leah said.

I nodded.

"If it wasn't the fact that I was more focused on Charlie not getting himself hurt, I would say the same. I've never seen him act like that." Bella said.

I looked at Bella.

"Bella, why did you marry Edward?" I asked.

She looked down at her belly and rubbed it.

"Because I love him." She answered.

"You're willing to throw away your youth and be a soulless blood drinking monster because it's your first time falling in love." Janiva said.

"I could see how from your perspective that it looks horrible but Edward truly understands me." She said.

"Nah, I think he got tired of being alone and Alice claiming she saw you a part of their family, just made it easy for him to feel less guilty about you being one of them." Leah said.

"Did you tell them everything?" She asked me.

"Bella, Of course, I need other people to help me judge your horrible decision making skills." I answered.

She rolled her eyes.

"And what about yours?" She asked.

"I made them on my own without others' influences." I replied.

"You think I didn't make my own decisions because I did." She said.

"So you didn't do it out of fear?" Janiva asked.

"What? No." She answered.

"You're lying." Leah said.

Bella sighed.

"Okay, remember when I went to save Edward after Jacob told him that I had died." Bella said.

Leah rolled her eyes.

"The most dramatic mess I've ever witnessed." Leah said.

"Yeah, so I went with Alice to save him and we got caught by the Volturi who wanted to kill me for knowing about their existence but Alice convinced that I would be one of them so there was no reason to kill me." Bella said.