Chapter 3

It had been a long day at work. Hayley received the paycheck for the orders that Vogue had given to her, but she also received a certain news that had butterflies flying in her stomance. They wanted her to be the face of their next show and that was a huge honour that she had never imagined her getting.

She was going to be on different covers and interviews to promote her and Vogue's partnered collection for the Winter Frost Collection. She did not know how to agree to it because she had absolutely no training in being a model. But the directors were quite confident that she was the one they needed.

"Okay," she agreed hesitantly. "But! I will need your help with all this."

She came home flustered after the meeting, not being able to believe that it was actually happening. Her time was going well and as soon as she thought that, she touched a wooden cabinet. "No," she said to prevent her thoughts from coming true and her luck getting jinxed. Some cultures followed it and having grown up following certain traditions from all cultures, she would do it.

She crashed onto her couch and stared at the empty white wall in front of her. She was so tired that she continued to look at the shadow of the curtain against the wall. 

Hayley was alone with her thoughts, and that was never a good sign.

Inhaling sharply, she forced herself out of the couch and threw the cushion that she had been hugging on the couch before she made her way to the kitchen to make herself a hot cup of cocoa. She looked around her house for any signs of cleaning up as her disorder would demand her to do so, and then walked towards the bookshelf on the right wall.

She went through the books on the four-shelved cupboard that stood with all its might. She only bought the books that she loved reading and would read over and over again. Otherwise she would borrow them from the local library that she was a member of.

But it was her dream to have a proper library of her own.

Her eyes fell upon a black-bound book on the bottom shelf. A smile spread across her face when she realised what it was. "Oh look at you!" She laughed heartily. "I haven't seen you in years!"

She opened the book and made a comfortable fort of pillows on her bed. The book was the only written copy of the short book that she had written in college. Her professor had wanted her to think of publishing it but she was a designer and always would be. Writing was only a passion for her.

Reading through the familiar words, she wondered what authors did with their books once they were published. Would they read it and point out their own mistakes and think of changing a few lines? Because that's what Hayley was doing. She was trying to find better ways to form her sentences and by the time she knew it, her eyes went droopy.

She yawned as she closed the book and placed it on the bedside table.

It was time for another adventure.