Chapter 6

Karan Mathur - top class businessman and prospective bachelor in all of Manhattan. Nobody knew how the young entrepreneur was able to study the market exactly right when all his guesses were always right. He praised his intuition for it but only he would know his story.

Except for her and until her.

He would never take the credit that people would give him. It was only his blessings that he was successful in life. But for that, it took him only two years to get to where he currently was. These two years were some of the toughest times that he had to get through.

His only guardian passed away right when he got out of college. He didn't have anyone that he could rely on and it was time to put the degree of his to use. He started at the bottom and now, he made a name for himself, a name that he wasn't planning on letting go of easily.

Meetings, business trips and 'The Mathur Enterprises' - this was all his life revolved around. He did not let himself think of anything but his business for two years, but there was one piece of information that nobody knew about him, something that he wouldn't share even with his secretary for help.

His dreams were not his alone.

The first time that Karan dreamt of the woman, he thought that his subconscious was telling him to get out into the world and to live his youth. But when she returned the next day, he couldn't shake off the feeling that she was someone important.

One of the things that not everyone knew about him - it being his fault that he never got out much - was that he was an impeccable painter. Ever since he could hold something in his hand, he had known that he had an artistic quality to him. But he couldn't pursue it as a career and he was glad that he hadn't because he couldn't imagine his passion becoming a forceful pressure on him.

He had tried to draw the woman countless number of times but every time that he would, he would crumble the paper and use it for something else. He could never get it right. But there was one more secret that he never told anyone but his mother - he had a passion for writing.

So what if he couldn't draw this mysterious woman that ruled his dreams? He could capture her beautiful soul in words instead.

He would wake up from his dreams and stare out of his top floor apartment at the world moving on below him. While catching the rising sun, he would outline what he wanted to write. Sometimes he would do that as he made his way to work and even during lunch breaks. He had spent six months with it. The other partners of his firm would tease him saying that he had found himself a new deal to work on, for which Karan would simply smile and think of the woman instead.

One evening as he made his way home driving in his car, his eyes fell upon a small library at the corner of a street that he had passed by countless times before. He didn't know what came over him because when he saw the double glass doors, he felt a change come over him.

He felt like borrowing a book.

He had a mini library in his house, as he would call it, and would only borrow books before he could buy them. He hadn't gotten a chance to read anything new because of the workload but he decided that it was time to change that. Only he could get himself out of his reading slump.

And so, he parked his car in the alleyway nearby and he made his way into the redstone. The librarian recognised him from his photoshoot and interview for Fortune magazines that they were reading and offered to help Karan find the right book.

But when Karan was almost at the end of deciding to borrow a certain mystery-thriller book, the librarian looked over their shoulder to address another fellow reader. Karan felt a chill that ran down his spine, which only happened in extremely rare situations. He couldn't help but turn around to see the other person in the library.

And he was glad that he did.

It was her.

It was definitely her.

It was most infinitely her - the woman from his dreams.

Karan almost dropped the books that he was holding as his feet took him towards her. He couldn't believe that she was real. After all his consoling, there she stood in front of him. "It's you!"

*******
MilaBlue05 sorry to keep you waiting!
And thank you for reminding me to update