Chapter 6.5

Ref: A vast ocean, close to then Cathedral Cove

"Captain! Land ho!"

"Land ho!"

"Land ho!"

The ship's crew broke into applause after finding the glimpse of a sandy land. Months of travelling and hopelessness had to led to this exact moment. They may have been pirates but they had their own code of conduct, that they would only steal from the royals themselves.

"Set sail towards it," said the Captain as she walked down the deck, her hands trailing the side railings dripping with water. "It's time that we enjoy some good rum."

Cheers went across the sailors as hugs were passed around. But it didn't last long.

A loud canon blast was heard that rattled the ship, shifting everyone off their balance. The Captain held onto her cap as she ran to the starboard side and saw another ship with a black sail on it. She knew exactly who it was.

It was him.

"Throw everything you don't need off deck. We don't need them to catch up to us," she shouted. "All of us survive or none of us do. All?"

"Or none!" The soldiers chanted what passed as good luck between them.

The Captain rushed below deck to get her weapons kit and sword out. She prayed to her Saints, whose small figurine she always carried with her. "Save us today." She kissed a coin before placing it before the figurine.

It was time for a battle.

The ship was attacked sooner than she had thought. Her enemy had gotten used to her techniques and he could always find her no matter where she went.

He would always find her no matter what. He had made a promise after all.

The soldiers started to fight with each other on deck as she climbed out of the deck and started to fight with them. "Hiya!"

She heard several shouts and cheers through the crowded ship. She had worked hard to save money to buy this ship. She had spent everything that she had to find her loyal crew. And it was all going to go down because of him.

"I see you are as angry as ever." She heard his voice and turned around with her sword in her hand.

"Not as grumpy as you," she scoffed as she charged at him with her sword. "What the heck are you doing attacking my ship?" She asked as he blocked her, quite easily as well.

"We are pirates, darling!" He smiled. "We take what we want," She charged at him but he blocked her first and locked her in his arms. He resisted the urge to kiss her cheek, having waited for only an opportunity. "And I certainly want what I've set my eyes upon."

The Captain punched him in the stomach with the back of her elbow, making him release his grip on her, and used the hilt of her sword to punch his nose. "I'm not a prize to be won. And certainly not by you."

She charged at him again and managed to block his pathway on the deck among the barrels, secluded from the original fight. He spun his sword in his hand and threw it away. He sat down on one of the barrels with his legs crossed over another by the ankles and his hands behind his head for support. He started whistling, making her frown.

"What do you think you're doing?"

He shrugged. "I'm not going to fight you, love."

"Get up," she said. "Pick your sword up."

"No," he said, but he did get up. He walked towards her and stood quite close to her, looking down at her with the deep brown eyes of his. "Like I said. I'm going to get what I have my eyes set upon," he said. "You."