Chapter 3.5

Ref: 19th Century, somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean

A storm was coming.

'The Visionary Cruiser' had been sailing through the endless sea for two months. The captain and the crew lost the direction they were heading in because of the magnetic currents and the electronic winds that seemed to want them to get lost. The lightning was unmistakable as it struck some lone land in the distance. It was as if the cosmic wasn't allowing them to find safety.

"We need to get out of here," the man said as he took the woman's hand in his.

"Well, this is a nice way to ruin a romantic evening."

The woman did not know why she said what she did. She went to sleep, remembered the darkness and then woke up to the sirens going through the ship. But she remembered what had happened before the storm hit. She and the man had dinner together and danced on the deck. She remembered resting her head against his chest and him resting his head on her shoulder. It had seemed like they were the only two people in the universe because no problem seemed to matter when they were with each other. He had dipped her to the ground in a playful manner, scaring the life out of her and the two of them laughing about it later on about it. The woman had playfully hit his arm as he spun her around.

They had spent the evening gazing at the stars, completely unaware of what was waiting for them at the end of their journey. The woman had stared at him as he pointed out the constellations because she knew that once they reached the shores, he would go about his life and she would go about hers. They were from different worlds and they wouldn't let them be together.

And when he saw her looking at him instead of the constellations that he was pointing out, he simply smiled. He kissed her softly and rested his forehead against hers.

But now, none of it seemed to make sense.

The storm had hit the ship.

The ship grew heavier and heavier by the second and the woman could hear her heartbeat in her ears. The man had a firm grip on her hand as the two of them rushed to reach the deck before water could seep through their floor. Everyone was rushing to the lifeboats and the entire time, the man and the woman did not look at each other. They were concentrating on getting out of the ship. Alive, if destiny would allow it.

"Hey." She touched his arm, stopping him from running and making him turn around. "Thank you," she told him.

Even in the little time that they had spent together, he had changed her world and she needed him to know that, even if it was with only two words.

The man nodded, not knowing what to say. They had been together for so long but this was the moment and he decided that it was better to let the silence speak for him rather than saying something that would haunt the two of them later on.

"We'll get out of here." He kissed her forehead and continued to rush towards the north side, where the captain was barking his instructions for the passengers to not panic.

But it was too late.

The waves grew stronger and seemed to want to engulf the entire sea with its impact. The ship shuddered at the next impact with the sky high wave. The passengers fell to the ground as the water threatened to make them slip against the deck. The entire time, the man did not let go of the woman's hands. He was concentrating on getting them both out of there. He knew that the world was against them but he had never assumed that even the sea would try to split them up.

"Come on!" He grabbed her by the elbows and helped her up. Holding him steady and giving her support to not fall down, they tried to reach one of the final lifeboats that was onboard.

But the crew member that was guiding everyone to the lifeboats stopped them from boarding the boat. "Maximum capacity has been reached!" He shouted through the sound of the sharp winds.

The man brushed the wet hair out of his face and shouted at the passenger. "There are no more boats! You need to help us! Her, at least."

The woman stared at the man. He was bargaining for her life and not hers. "No! I'm not leaving you behind!" She shouted at him. No matter how much of a gentleman that he was, she would not save herself and let him sacrifice herself for him.

Tears threatened to fall down her face and mix with the raindrops on her cheeks when the man looked at her with those beady eyes. "I have to," he said.

But time was not on their side and neither was the sea.

Another wave took the centre of the ship as its next victim, sending everyone overboard. Screams tore through the wind speed. But the woman was leaning against the top railing as she held onto the man who was leaning off of the boat. He looked down at the vast and endless sea. He knew that if he fell, the cold shards of the water would be enough to kill him.

"Don't you dare think about it!" She shouted as if she had read his mind. She tried to lift him up to the ship, but her arms kept slipping from the railings.

"Hey." He tried to get her attention. She looked him directly in the eyes. A small smile spread across his face. "I'll find you again."

The man let go of her hands.

******
I don't know why I love this chapter.
It is probably the JackRose and Helnik feels! And Ambrilly!!!!