Epilogue

NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER

Now that was a title definitely unexpected.

The Barnes & Nobles in New York was flooding with reporters and reviewers from across the world. Everyone had a recorder ready in their hand, many of whom had fought with their supervisors to come here. This was the most important interview that they would ever be allowed to participate in.

The room that was set up for the day was buzzing with noise and the shuffling of feet. Everyone was curious to see the two stars of the day. The books to be released were waiting in all their might on the long table set for the authors to take their seat at.

It was a magnetic reaction when everyone stood up to greet Mr. and Mrs. Chen-Mathur, the couple that dazzled the entire world with their love story. Nobody had known they even knew each other with their careers paths being completely different from each other's. Now, they were best-selling authors with the book they co-wrote called 'From My Dreams'.

The questions were sprung on them one by one as soon as Karan helped his pregnant wife sit on the chair comfortably before he took his own seat. Hayley had helped him with his tie beforehand, which was why he was very comfortable now to face all the camera flashes. 

The reporters noticed how the young businessman was always ready to block the fashion designer's eyes from sudden flashes from the cameras that the interviewers themselves changed the settings. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Chen-Mathur, your book has been nominated for several awards. The reward money that you receive is being donated to various charities and cancer-research institutes. What made you start to write this book?"

"Karan told me about the book one day. I had no idea just how talented he was until I looked at the first draft."

"Hayley was a major inspiration for this book. The main character is heavily inspired on her." He then turned to her, "And that is definitely not a take at your pregnancy right now."

Hayley laughed and hit him playfully.

"How did you two meet each other?"

Hayley and Karan looked at each other, a secret smile passing between them.

"She is the woman of my dreams after all," said Karan as he kissed Hayley's right hand knuckles.

"And why did you name the book 'From My Dreams'? This is the most common question that all readers have for you today. The two characters go on so many different adventures together that there is no particular connect between them. Is there any specific reason you are connecting it to a dream?"

Hayley clutched Karan's hand under the table and gave it a small squeeze. "It is a long story."

One that only the two of them would know.

******

Cast

Phillipa Soo as Hayley Chen

Dev Patel as Karan Mathur

Special thanks to @MilaBlue05 for being a constant support throughout. Nobody loves my stories and characters more than her.

Hope everyone likes the story! The last time I wrote an update for this was 28 weeks ago apparently, so it's absolutely crazy that my fever dream from yesterday has motivated me to finish writing this. Here is to writing more and more!