Chapter 3

<Asta>

After about a month after I met Liebe, unexpected visitors arrived at my tower. I barely managed to grab Liebe and hide him in my bag before my father suddenly came into my room. That I was surprised was an understatement. It was literally the first time he visited me since I went to live in the tower. He changed during these six years. He had a different haircut, kinda funny. I wonder who braids his hair in the middle of his forehead. Behind him was doctor Owen with a medical briefcase. Father looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but here. Remembering my manners, I quickly stood up and bowed as a greeting.

"Good morning, Father, doctor Owen"

"Hello Asta" The doctor smiled warmly, while my father grumbled something in response.

"What brings you here?" I asked politely.

"We're here to see what your second gender is"I remembered that a maid said something about this. But I still didn't understand why my father was here. 

Parents mostly were to be at the presentation of Omegas and Alphas.Omegas, to calm them down, as after presenting their organism experiences such stress, they get a fever so intense that they could die. Alphas on the other hand get aggressive and attack everything around them, and the parents are to knock them out.I still didn't understand what that has to do with me.

Everyone always told me that I will present as a beta. I have no chances to be an alpha, as I'm too weak, and there are very few omegas in the world. In Clover itself there were maybe five."Sit down on the bed, please" I did as I was told and gave him my hand. I winced when a needle pierced my skin and a fluid went into my veins, one that accelerated the presenting of the second gender.When he took the needle out we waited for a while, but nothing happened. In my head I sighed with relief.

"Congratulations Asta-ku... Asta-san" He corrected himself. "You're a beta"

My father quickly murmured something about wasting time and turned around. To my surprise, I noticed that he relaxed a bit, as if in relief. Was he happy about this? I felt weird with this, as my Father was never happy with something that involved me. When he left, doctor Owen looked at me with a smile.

"You're father cares about you, Asta-kun" 

"That's not true" I said it as if it was obvious, because it was.

"Maybe he can't show it, but it was him that insisted to come here" He chuckled. "See you on the control visit" he said, then left.Liebe flew out of my bag and sat on my shoulder. I looked at him with a smile that quickly faded after I saw the uneasiness on his face.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Something's wrong"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Your body is tense. I don't know what's going on. This shouldn't be happening."

"Maybe it's a side effect of the substance?" I proposed.Liebe looked at me with doubt.

"Don't worry about it too much. If something happens then at least Owen lives not too far from here. Also nothing can happen because my family goes on vacation the next month, and I will have a chance to show you around the main court when they leave" I said happily.

"Okay..." he decided to let the topic go, but I had a feeling he will bring it up again.

***

A week later another unexpected visitor came to my tower. This time it was an alpha that I didn't recognize. I saw them going through the heavy rain in the direction of the tower, so I quickly went to let them in. He couldn't be more than 14 years old.

"Greetings, I'm sorry for the intrusion" he said, bowing slightly. "My name is Langris Vaude" I recognized that name from somewhere.

"Uh... Hello. My name is Asta Silva"

"Son of Nozel Silva?" he was surprised.

"I... Yes. What brings you here?" I asked, wanting to change the topic. 

I remembered. Vaude is a family that's supposed to marry into the royal family.

"Oh, together with my parents we came to a party on the occasion of the presentation of Noelle Silva. I decided to wander around the garden and I ended up here." 

I saw from his face that he wanted to complain about the size of the garden, but his pride and upbringing didn't let him. I sighed heavily.

"Yeah I know, I got lost in this garden many times and I live here from birth" I said and he looked away, embarassed that I saw right through him. "Do you want something warm to drink?" He nodded. "Then let's go to the kitchen"

"You don't have staff here?" he asked hesitantly, looking around.

"They come here once a day and on weekends" I explained shortly.

"Will I offend you if I..." I turned around and pulled my palm up, signalling him to stop.

"Listen, can we stop being so formal? It's really irritating" He was visibly surprised by my sudden request. I saw his eyes go thorugh many emotions at once. "I don't want to offend you or something. But if you want then we can still pretend to be formal" I added.

"Oh.. Alright" He sighed hesitantly. "Then is there a place where I can dry myself?"

"Sure. The bathroom's here" I pointed at the bathroom that we were actually just coming by. "Dry yourself and I'll go make something to drink" I said and went, leaving him there.

--------------

Hello!

Nex chapter will be in the next week propably
See you soon!

HoShiTeT