Chapter 8

<Nozel>

When I woke up in the morning, I noticed that Asta wasn't in his bed. I was mortified. When did he wake up? Where did he go? And why the hell didn't he wake me up when he did? What was he thinking, getting out of bed when his bones have barely healed? What if someone kidnapped him?

I called the servants and guards immediately, to search for him. I, in the meantime, searched the room, hoping that he left a letter. Unfortunately, I found nothing. But I saw that his pants disappeared, so it'slikely that he left somewhere. I sighed with relief, at the same time getting angry that he didn't care for hisown health.

At least two hours have passed since I woke up and started going crazy. I can't lose my son like I hadlost Richita. I would give anything but him. From all this stress I accidentally destroyed one of the walls inthe hospital room. Owen didn't say anything, just tried to give me calming medicine, but I refused. I didn'twant to calm down with medicine. I wanted my son to calm me down, by being here, healthy and with not one hair out of place. Am I really asking for much?Suddenly I heard a scream from one of the maids.

"Asta-sama!"

It came from behind the window, so I quickly ran from the room to the exit, and went in the direction fromwhere the scream came from. When I got there, blind fury overcame me.

One of the new guards threw MY SON on the ground. I could hear the sound of bones cracking. It madea shiver of fear run down my spine and I froze for a second. But I quickly got a grip of myself when theguard tried to stab Asta. I immediately blocked the attack with my mercury magic and pinned him to theground.

"N-Nozel-sama?" the man stuttered out, surprised. "W-What..."

"What the hell do you think you're doing with my son?" I snarled, furious.

"What...? But you don't have a son! You said so yourself!" He tried to defend himself.

When did I say that?

After a second I remembered. A week earlier, the King decided to publish an article about the royalfamily, in which I apparently said that I don't have a son, which was utter nonsense. I have never said that. Seeing the effects of the article, someone is going to pay. No one gets away with harming my son.

"Those weren't my words" I drawled out.

***

<Asta>

"Asta... Asta..." I heard a voice near my ear. "Wake up... You're father is going to come back soon and I don't know how much time I have" the voice whispered.I furrowed my brows and wrinkled my nose. I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the light in the room. 

I looked at Liebe, who was hovering over my head.

"Li...ebe?" I said quietly, with a hoarse voice. My throat hurt, it was incredibly dry. How long did I sleep for Liebe to come here?

"Finally, you sleeping beauty"

"How... long...?" I was cut out by a sudden coughing fit.

"A week... again" I heard steps that were hurriedly coming to the room I was in. "Shit" The spirit flewunder the bed, and the door opened, revealing my panicked father.

Ohh, I wonder what happened. And why I'm even still alive. Did father save me?

"Asta!" he ran up to me and hugged me, and I stiffened up from shock.