Chapter 9: Settling in

"...And finally this is your room" Julian says as he opens the door to a beautiful looking room.

It's really huge and spacious. The walls were white with a king sized bed in the center of the room with a light pink frame.

There was also a big beautiful carpet underneath that was white with light pink swirls on it matching the bed. There were also 2 bedside tables on either side of the bed having drawers in them and a lamp on each side standing on the table. I also see a desk with a comfortable looking chair, another bigger drawer and a mirror standing on it.

"It's beautiful" I mumble with sparkly eyes which made Julian smile with an amused looking face.

"Glad you like it lil sis. The other two rooms lead to the bathroom and the walking closet" Julian says while pointing at the doors.

As I walk into the bathroom I can't believe how luxurious it looks. I always shared one bathroom back at home but here, I get to have my own.

I snapped out of my little excitement as I thought of going back home. 'That's right, none of this matters if I can't be with the people I love.

I don't want a big room with it's own bathroom, I just want my family back' I think to myself feeling guilty that i could even feel a little bit excited while they're probably at home crying their eyes out right now.

"Hey, why so gloomy? We can always change it if you don't like it" Julian says with a raised brow.

"N-no it's not, i mean i really love the room, I was just thinking about something else" I say giving him a small smile i tried hard to create.

"Well whatever, I'm going now so you can get settled in, take a shower and change your clothes or something. It's getting late so you need to sleep when you're done showering, i'll see you tomorrow" Julian says while walking out of the room.

"Wait, I didn't bring anything though" I say, surprised at his suggestion.

"don't worry, you already have everything you need here and for the extra accessories, well you can just get that later" He says and walks out of the room leaving me not knowing what to do.

 "Oh right i forgot i'm still wearing the clothes from home" I mumble.

------------------------------------------

Time skip after shower-

'Wow there are so many kinds of clothes in here' I thought as I looked through the walking closet. I put on my pj's which consists of gray sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. I also put my brown hair into a bun.

'I should probably sleep now, it's 00:02 AM and I feel like a zombie' I thought to myself.

Just as I'm about to sleep I hear my stomach rumble like I hadn't eaten for days.

I suddenly realize I haven't eaten since the morning when my mom called me. 'Wow, so much happened today' I think, I didn't even have time to think about food back then.

After about half an hour of trying to sleep, the hunger gets worse and I feel unable to stop myself from doing the thing I really don't want to do. Sneaking out of my room searching for food. Yes, you heard me right... I'm gonna sneak out of the room and find something to eat, without being noticed, hopefully.

If I'm noticed, I will most likely die or get tortured earlier than I thought.

'No, it's ok no one will notice, I'll just walk out, eat some food and get back in, easy' I tell myself trying to get rid of the fear, which doesn't help.

I carefully open my door staring outside trying to listen if someone is awake. After 3 minutes of silence I start slowly tiptoeing out of my room.

After constantly walking in the wrong rooms, I wonder how many rooms a place like this can actually have because this was getting old.

I had been to a pool room, a cinema, a game room, the gym and some guest rooms. Not to mention my brother's rooms that I luckily didn't walk into. And I know, Julian showed me around before but I have a really bad sense of direction and get lost really quickly.

At last, I finally enter a room that looks to be the kitchen. 'Finally' i think to myself