Chapter 17

Hello hello I hate summer school so much also if you didn't notice I changed the cover again, this time its my friend's art although they wish to stay anonymous
.
.
.
.
.

Tsukishima woke up, reaching for his glasses and seeing that everyone else was still asleep.

Tsukishima picked up his phone and saw that it was only five in the morning and not nearly the time that practice starts.

Tsukishima laid his head back down on his pillow, sighing as his eyes closed.

He waited to fall back asleep but sleep never came and it was now quarter after five.

He stared at the ceiling, eventually sitting up and getting dressed in his uniform for the day.

Tsukishima groaned as he slipped his sneakers on and started on his way outside.

As Tsukishima made his way around the campus he put his headphones on, listening to his playlist for walks and when he occasionally runs.

Tsukishima was humming along to Trees by McCafferty when he saw a particular head of black and white hair and stopped in his tracks.

Bokuto was jogging about twenty feet away and  it seems that Bokuto has now noticed this fact because his eyes went wide and he smiled a bit before jogging over to Tsukishima.

Tsukishima grimaced before moving his headphones to his neck.

"Good morning Bokuto-san" Tsukishima said blankly.

"Morning Tsukki!! I didn't think you were a morning person" Bokuto said,now standing next to Tsukishima.

"Well clearly you were mistaken" Tsukishima said, starting to lift his headphones back up to his ears before Bokuto grabbed his hand to stop him, accidentally slipping down his sleeve (AKA his one protection against people [Bokuto, Akaashi and Kuroo] finding out that they're soulmates).

"Wait do you think we-" Bokuto said before Tsukishima snapped his hand away from him in a panic, readjusting his sleeve.

Bokuto looked at Tsukishima with a hurt expression.

"Sorry I guess, I.. I don't like showing my soulmate writings" Tsukishima said, looking away from Bokuto.

Bokuto looked as though he had a revelation before smiling at Tsukishima.

"Okay, well I was wondering if you'd like jog with me in the mornings during the training camp since we both get up early" Bokuto said, looking to Tsukishima for his answer.

"Why don't you just run with Kuroo or Akaashi?" Tsukishima asked, hand on his hip.

Bokuto laughed, wiping a fake tear from his face.

"Ha- sorry but Kuroo and Akaashi? Up at this hour? They barely get up for school when they're together let alone for a jog" Bokuto said, laughing slowing.

Tsukishima contemplated before answering.

"Okay, but on two conditions. The first is that you don't talk while we jog and the second is that you don't tell anyone I actually agreed to this. If you can meet these conditions I'll concede" Tsukishima said with a blank face.

"Hmmm I guess so, thank you for agreeing to being my jogging buddy!" Bokuto said smiling.

Tsukishima took a double take before nodding.

"Which way are we headed anyway, because I'm a bit lost" Tsukishima said, finally revealing his alterior motive.

Bokuto thought for a moment holding his hand to his face in thought.