054

sorry about my slow updates !

oh also btw sakusa and y/n
are not family, they just happen
to have (for plot purposes; VERY)
distant on both sides, cousins who
married each other, so they went
to one single reunion by chance in
that one chapter. just a disclaimer.

friday

there you sat, on this tall guys bed by yourself while you waited for him to get you some water.

you were surprised he even let you in here, but it was a nice feeling that he'd open the door for you specifically.

you just hoped he wouldn't do anything weird.

he wouldn't though.

sakusa walked in with a cup of ice water, condensation already making his hand wet even though he had only held it for a single minute.

he handed it to you and you thanked him happily. he sat next to you and watched you drink a sip before setting it - on a coaster - on his night table.

you tried to recall why you even came over to sakusa's house.

you remember he was telling you to come over but was it really just to hang out?

"you hungry?" he asked, sitting on a desk chair across from you.

you smiled, now he was eye level to you, "yeah," you replied, "will you feed me?"

he sensed a flirtatious indicator, therefore he smirked, "sure, have any ideas?" he wasn't using a particularly suggestive tone, he was actually just hungry.

"none, it's not really dinner time anyway." you stated as sakusa fiddled with the aglets of his hoodie string.

"that's true," he commented. he continued to play with his hoodie strings, and hummed a tune out of bored-ness. "oh yeah, you're pretty good friends with ushijima, right?"

you nodded since you were close to many volleyball related people.

"isn't he kinda cool?" he attempted to steer the conversation, "you think so right?"

you nodded again, "for sure. i watched him do spike drills once and they were crazy."

"wait seriously? you went to a shiratorizawa practice??" sakusa asked, practically amazed.

"ah, no. i was video calling tendou and he showed me. ushijima has some crazy power." you told him, sakusa seemed childishly excited, it was cute. "i do go to fukurodani practices more often recently, though."

"oh yeah, d'ya think bokuto's cool?"

"definitely. his spikes are genuinely scary sometimes." this was beginning to feel like an interrogation, but you were going to let it slide since you didn't mind as long as sakusa was enjoying himself.

he lowly smiled at you, "have you seen me play?"

you then realized the point of his odd series of questions. "just in videos sent to me by komori. you're seriously awesome."

he smiled bigger now, "thanks." he said smally, "you should come to one of my matches. if it's convenient, just go with fukurodani. you'll see how awesome i really am."

he was leaning closer to you, still sitting on his chair, "why don't we order some take out? care to pick it up with me?"

sakusa was so close to your face you couldn't focus on your peripheral vision, only him. "yeah. i need to get some more steps in anyway."

a tiny smile appeared again, it was like he was giggly without giggling. "it's not that long of a walk."

catching onto his weirdly happy mood, you smiled too. "what are we waiting for?"

he leaned over you- you thought he was grabbing something behind you- and kissed your forehead line before standing up and holding his hand out to you.

"let's grab my keys and then leave-" he interrupted himself "hold on i got an itch on my back."

he took his hand from you reaching for it and attempted to scratch his back.
you tried not to laugh at how dumb his looked not being able to reach it. so you stood up behind him and scratched his back where you assume his itch was.

"a little higher." he said, almost laughing. you rolled your eyes at his guidance, but complied anyway. he then turned around, "you can probably get it from here." he said in a challenging tone.

slick bitch.

as you wrapped your arms around him to get his probably false itch, he held your head to his chest and wrapped his arm around you.

"if you really aren't that hungry we can just stay here till dinner time." he suggested. he was really warm, warmer than you remember hinata to be (who was a crazy amount warm). maybe he's nervous?

instead of responding to him you attempted to listen to his heartbeat which wasn't as fast as yours was. this was probably natural to him.

"y/n?"

you looked up at him, "hm?"

"do you wanna just stay here?" he asked again.

you shook your head, "nah, let's take a walk. you said it wasn't that far anyway."

he took his hand from your head to cover his mouth as he looked away. "kay..," he said in a muffled voice.