056

i'll write texting scenes
too soon, i promise :)

thursday

"wait watch out!" before tanaka could even finish warning you, you were at the bottom of the stairs.

nothing was broken,,,, except your social status bc omg everyone was laughing at you. even tanaka.

falling down the stairs is embarrassing as it is, but when it's at school and there are people tripping over you it's even worse.

"are you okay?" he asked between laughs.

you glared are your phone which slid a few feet away. nobody stepped on it so you reached for it before anyone could.

"obviously not." you clicked your tongue and stood up, speed walking away from where you fell.

your eyes widened as your ear drums busted because of someone screaming from tanaka's end of the phone, "YOOO!!"

it was noya, "your hair's a mess, babe." he said, now sitting next to tanaka.

"yeah,, thanks." you tried to fix it in the little box on your phone with your face. it didn't look any better and noya tried not to laugh.

"if i was there i would have made it seem less embarrassing." tanaka promised.

you sighed as you opened the buildings door and left to the giant track field, "i'm never going into that building again."

noya chuckled, "what happened?"

tanaka pointed to you on his phone, "she fell down the stairs in front of everyone leaving."

you just rolled your eyes as they continued talking. "by the way, where's chikara at?"

tanaka put a hand on his chin in thought, "ennoshita-san...? think he had clean up duty today."

noya nodded, "hey y/n."

you hummed in response.

"you don't have a class right now?"

noya was smiling like an idiot as tanaka talked to someone off screen, "i do, but it's too embarrassing to go back there."

"you've been playin' hooky a lot recently. why don't you just come over here?"

you lowered your head, "i'll visit soon, promise."

"yo," noya said for the second time this call. he grabbed tanaka's phone and left the classroom, you could tell because it was suddenly quiet. "are you okay?"

you looked at him genuinely worrying for you, but before you could answer someone called out to him.

"yuu!!" you recognized the voice almost immediately, it was kinoshita, probably late to class again. "what are you doing out here?"

"omg is that y/n? hi y/n!" he smiled goofily at you as he came onto screen.

"hi hisashi <3" you smiled back. "what class are you late to?"

"i could ask you the same thing, what are you doing outside? i know you don't have a physical class."

noya hit kinoshita's side because he was taking all of your attention, "she's playing hooky."

"where's my phone noya-san??" tanaka yelled offscreen.

you smiled at the three even though you could barely see half of one at this moment. holding the phone to his side, noya gave you a perfect view to see ennoshita dumping papers into narita's arms to get these three to their classes.

you laughed at them, totally forgetting about your embarrassing fall. you spent your class period on mute, watching tanaka smile at you instead of participating in his class.

it was such a mood booster, you felt yourself smiling and looking like an idiot, but you were happy.

truthfully your grades were suffering more recently as you've been ditching class more often.

the price to pay for your temporary joy was your grades. you would get back on track next week, was what you promised to yourself as you tried not to giggle too loudly while watching ennoshita smack the back of tanaka's head to get him to focus.