24. Dirty Talk vs Small Talk

;)

Finally—finally—they got back to the cabins. All of them were exhausted and aching for a real bed, and Riley, Chaol, Will, and Ash all stumbled to their cabin and into their beds with dragging feet. Will was too lazy to crawl up to his bunk, so he nudged Ash over to the wall, kicked off his shoes, and snuggled in next to him. He threw his arm around his waist with a soft, contented sigh, snuggling his face into his boyfriend's sweaty hair.

"Do you think they're dirty-talking each other over there—"

"Chaol, I swear to fucking god, if you don't shut up, I'm going to choke you in your sleep." Riley's voice was muffled, and Will chuckled, glancing over his shoulder to see Riley curled up with a pillow over his head, trying to sleep. He looked up to Chaol, who winked, and Will rolled his eyes.

"Ooh, yuh, dirt," Ash suddenly whispered tiredly. "...rub those muddy rock turds all over me."

Will stared at him for a long moment, bewildered, and Ash blinked.  "...Im dirty talking you."

Will blinked, then burst out laughing. Ash grinned, triumphant, and snuggled against Will's chest with a large yawn. "Goodnight, Will."

"Goodnight? Ash, it's practically lunch—"

"Shh." His eyes were already closed, and Will took a moment to admire his face before he closed his eyes too and they fell asleep together.

~ ~ ~

Riley couldn't fall asleep, even though he was exhausted too. Something was worrying him, he just couldn't figure out what.

Quietly, he stood, heading for the door. Chaol's head popped up from his bunk, and he snapped his fingers to get Riley's attention. He glanced up from where he was putting his shoes on.

"Hey," Chaol whispered. "Where are you going? Can I come?"

Riley shrugged in answer, then nodded. It didn't matter to him.

Chaol grinned and hopped down from the bunk with a loud thump, following Riley out. As soon as they shut the door behind them, Chaol inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and plopping down on the cabin steps. "Doesn't the forest always smell so great?" Chaol said suddenly.

Riley blinked, glancing over at him from where he was leaning against the railing. He sniffed slightly, resting it out, but he'd been here long enough he was somewhat desensitized to the scent, even if he was from New York where the only trees they really had were in Central Park.

"I guess so," Riley said anyway, finding a strange urge to want to agree with him.

Chaol looked up at him, his red hair fiery and glowing in the sun filtering through the trees, and he grinned. Riley was reminded of a firecracker. "So," Chaol said. He didn't continue, and Riley looked to him curiously.

"...So...?"

"Youre gay, right?"

It was a very straightforward question to ask, and Riley blinked, then shook his head. Chaol blanched. "wh—"

"I'm actually bisexual," Riley explained with a slight chuckle. Chaol chuckled.

"ohh...that makes sense."

"...and you?" Riley didn't want to sound like he was prying, he was just genuinely curious.

"Ace," Chaol said with a smile and a little peace sign aimed in his direction. Sex just doesn't do it for me. And I haven't had a relationship since I was, like, 13, and it was one of those cringey ones—" he shuddered. "She was NOT my type."

Riley blinked, surprised, and then laughed. "...cool. Sounds like an adventure, huh."

Chaol laughed. "you have no idea."

They lapsed into comfortable silence, and Riley eventually went to it down next to Chaol. They talked about random things, relationships, birthdays, Zodiac signs—Will, Riley knew, was a Leo, and Riley was a Pisces. Chaol didn't know what he was, and Riley hadn't memorized birth charts or anything, so they settled on calling him a Zodiac Killer instead of a Zodiac sign.

"because I kill everyone with my devilish good looks and incredible puns," Chaol explained, making Riley snort.

He hadn't really been able to talk with anyone like this before, one on one like this and genuinely enjoy it—not since he'd dated Will. Riley sighed, turning and opening his mouth to speak when Chaol's stomach growled.

"Oop," he said. "Damn. Is it dinner time yet?"

As if on cue, the dinner bell rang. Riley blinked, then laughed. "I'm convinced you have some sort of superpower, Chaol."

"Nah," Chaol said, knocking on their cabin door and peeking in to tell the Wish team it was dinner time. "If I had a super power, it would be the ability to transfer my need to piss to someone else. Like, someday I'm in a meeting with my super hot sugar daddy and suddenly I have to pee, but neither of us had that kinda kink, right? So you see my dilemma." He nodded seriously, and Riley started to laugh. "But," Chaol continued, holding up a finger, "if I could transfer my bowel's needs to someone else, like, say, you, then I could get on with my thing and you'd be the one to suffer with the piss." He sounded So matter of fact, and Riley couldn't stop laughing.

Chaol grinned, hands in his pockets as they walked toward the dining hall. "But what about you? What superpower would you have?"

"The ability to speak every language, immediately and perfectly," Riley responded after a moment. I'm going to college to study anthropology next year, and I'm planning to go all over the world. It'd be helpful to know what people are saying all the time."

Chaol blinked at him, then chuckled and looked away. "my sugar daddy pee idea was better."

Riley didn't say it, but he totally agreed.

- - - - - - -

:0? What's this??? A second update in two days???

This is both my appreciation for you guys and my apology for all the humongous breaks I keep taking you guys mean the world to me. Have such a great day/night, and also I can keep my eyes open rn oh god I'm so tired.

Q: what time did you go to bed last night—be honest—

A:...2am