29. Finding

Tristan didn't know how long it had been. Hours? Days, maybe? He couldn't tell.

He hadn't eaten. He hadn't drank anything in god knows how long. Things were in a daze, and he didn't know whether he was dreaming or not.

When he was awake, all he could see was the shadowy form of Will's father, sometimes speaking quietly on the phone with someone, sometimes pacing in front of him, sometimes gone.

When he was asleep, he didn't dream.

~ ~ ~

"Riley, are you sure you saw a cabin up here?"

They'd all been walking for ages, and it was Chaol who finally spoke, a defeated tone in his voice.

Riley didn't respond for a moment, and then muttered, "Of course I am—there has to be—"

Will and Ash walked, holding hands. Ash occasionally would squeeze Will's hand, and Will would squeeze back, but not as tight.

Finally. Finally. After hours and hours—

"Guys!!!"

It was Chaol, at the top of the large rock they'd decided to rest at. He was pointing in the distance, looking excited, and Riley, Will and Ash all looked to each other with wide eyes before scrambling up to join him.

Following Chaol's finger, they all saw the small trail of smoke in the not-so-far distance, connected to a large, abandoned-looking cabin.

"...you think hes there?" Riley asked quietly.

No one responded.

They all climbed down and, with the destination in mind to rejuvenate their search, continued onward.

~ ~ ~

The punch came out of nowhere, slamming into the side of Tristan's head and knocking him over. He slammed into the ground hard, gasping out, still tied to the chair. His eyes flew wide, but all he could see were muddy boots just as one plowed into his stomach.

"Where ARE THEY?!?" Will's father roared. "WHY HAVENT THEY COME FOR YOU?? YOU USELESS PIECE OF GAY SHIT—"

Tristan couldn't breathe, wheezing out breaths, and Will's father continued to scream at him, kicking him every so often to accentuate his point. Tristan had started crying, but he didn't know when. Everything hurts.

I don't know, he thought, as Wills dad kept yelling, demanding why they hadn't come for him yet. I don't know why no one's found me.

Maybe no one ever will.

He closed his eyes, fighting back a sob. Help, he begged internally. Somebody. Help me. God, if you're there, I know you hate me, but please—

Wills father has stopped screaming. Tristan peeled his eyes open to find he was alone.

He let himself slump fully against the floor, closing his eyes again.

Thank you.

- - - - - - -

:,) it's short but it's here

I did it omg—it's only like 430 words but :,)

I'm going. To try to make big chapter. I promise. Hhhh

You guys are great :) thanks for your support

Q: any really fucking annoying friends that you still hang out with but don't want to? Just- yes or no lol you don't have to name names if you don't want to

A: ...yes