Chapter 3: Viridian City and Green

Sapphire pulled her exhausted legs through the pavement to the Pokémon Centre. She yawned and went inside the building. In the Pokemon Centre, there was the main healing station with Nurse Joy in it, a library, a cafe, trading area  and a staircase to the guest bedrooms. Sapphire walked up to Nurse Joy.

The woman with pink hair smiled. "Would you like to heal your Pokemon?"

"Yes please!" Sapphire replied. She put her two pokeballs containing Popplio and Pidgey in the container that Nurse Joy provided and then she took it away to heal them.

"Now just be patient. Your pokemon will be healed in about 20 to 30 minutes. Here is your patient number."

"Ok" Sapphire replied  as she looked at the number 13 on the piece of card. She walked away from Nurse Joy.

There was a light that turns on whenever someone's pokemon is healed. Just then the lights turned on and it flashed with the number 9.

"This is going to take awhile..." Sapphire thought.

She decided to buy a smoothie from the cafe area to quench her thirst. She noticed a girl with a Bulbasaur enjoying some malasadas at a table. She thanked the lady at the counter of the cafe stall and she decided to say hello to her.

"Hello there." Sapphire smiled.

"Hi, what's your name?" The girl said in a welcoming voice.

"Sapphire. I'm from Pallet Town." Sapphire replied.

"My name is Green and this is my partner, Bulbasaur!"

"Bulba!" The small green toad pokemon shouted.

Sapphire gasped. "This is one of the trainers Professor Oak mentioned!"

"Nice.. nice to meet meet you." Sapphire's voice was a bit shaky.

"I'm from here." She smiled. "I choose my Bulbasaur at Professor Oak's lab at Pallet. She was the only pokemon left there!"

"I've been there, to get my first pokemon!" Sapphire called out.

"But how?!" Green looked confused. "Bulbasaur was the last one. Did the Viridian Breeding Centre provide Oak with a new set of Kanto starters?!"

"No." Sapphire's reply was brief. "Professor Kukui from the Alolan region provided Professor Oak with the Alolan trio. I got the water starter, Popplio from it. She and my Pidgey are healing at Nurse Joys'"

"Wow!" Gasped Green. "I've always wanted to go there! So dreamy and tropical!"

Suddenly Green's eyes flashed. "What's your number, you need to keep an eye on the light."

"13" Sapphire replied.
They turned their to see that the number, 11 flashed.

"Your's coming up soon." Green said quickly.

After 8 minutes, the number 13 flashed on the light. Sapphire walked away from Green and towards Nurse Joy's station.

"Here is your pokemon. They are nice and healthy!" Nurse Joy's pokemon, Chansey, carried the container with the two pokeballs onto the station.

"Thank you Nurse Joy." Smiled Sapphire.

She walked back to the cafe area and back to Green and her Bulbasaur.

"Meet my two pokemon, Popplio and Pidgey!" Sapphire said aloud to Green. She called out the small blue seal pokemon and the small brown bird pokemon.

Popplio bwarked and Pidgey squawked to Green and Bulbasaur.

"Wow!" Green gasped. "They are both adorable, especially Popplio. I've never seen anything like her. The closest pokemon we have to her in Kanto is Seel."