Chapter 8: Sapphire's First Gym Battle! Vs Gym Leader Brock!

Sapphire and Green both arrived at the Pewter City Gym at around 3:00 o clock. It was a silver building with a stony face. It was also held by copper building frames. The door was a brilliant copper. The words "Pewter City Gym" was carved on the top corner of the stone face of the building.

Sapphire swallowed and she knocked on the heavy door. No answer.

After knocking it a couple more times to no response,  frustrated, Sapphire opened the doors by force.

"Hello Brock! I'm Sapphire and I challenge you to a battle!"

Immediately after shouting and her and Green walking in, the lights flicked on. The walls of the gym was stony grey and it was very cold in the gym. Sapphire walked in further.

A young man appeared in the other side of the room. He had spiky brown hair and was wearing an orange and green t shirt.

Sapphire gasped, he was an image of his father, Flint. She shakily walked up to him.

"Sapphire, I accept your challenge!" He turned to the girl next to Sapphire. "Who's this?"

"This is Green, she is my friend!" Smiled Sapphire.

"Nice to meet you! Green, you may watch the battle from the seating area." Said Brock.

"Okay, Brock." Green ran across the room and climbed up the stairs to the seating area. She sent out her Bulbasaur to watch the battle and cheer on Sapphire.

"Is this your first gym battle?" Brock asked Sapphire.

"Yes." She breathed effortfully. Her heart was beating faster and faster.

"This is no ordinary battle." Said Brock. "It's for the Offical Pokemon League's Authorisation. Therefore there are special rules."

"Special rules?" Echoed Sapphire. "What rules?"

"You may only use two Pokémon, not your whole team."

"Oh"

He pulled his rotom phone from pocket and texted to someone. The door to the left opened up and a man with short brown hair appeared. And ran to Brock's side. He was carrying two flags, one red and the other was green.

"This is Max, a good friend of mine." Said Brock. "He will be the referee for this battle!"

"Good luck!" Max smiled.

"As gym leader, I will do my best to beat you! I will not go easy on you!"

Max ran to the side of the room, while Brock went to the back. Brock ordered Sapphire to go to the front of the room.

"Stay back!" Brock shouted. He pushed a red button on the grey wall and the brown floor collapsed. A rocky battlefield emerged from below and fitted in place in the room. It has lots of rocks of varying sizes.

"This is the battle field, Sapphire." Said Brock. "Your Pokemon will battle here!"

"Nice!" Said Sapphire, with her hammering heart. Her teeth gritted with nervousness.

"This will be a 2 on 2 battle!" Max called out. "The battle will be over when one side is unable to battle!"

Sapphire smiled weakly. Green and her Bulbasaur were shouting, "Go Sapphire!"

"Bring out your Pokemon!" Said Max.

"Go Pidgey!" Sapphire shouted. Her little brown bird Pokemon came out in a flash. He did his battle cry.