Chapter 5: Viridian Forest and Pikachu!

Sapphire and Green woke up early the next morning from the rival battle with Ruby. Sapphire was cuddling Popplio as she slept and Green was sleeping next to her mysterious Pokémon Egg. Sapphire yawned as she woke up.

"Good morning Popplio!" she said brightly to her blue seal Pokémon. Green got up with a start.

"Good morning Sapphire, today we got to get through Viridian Forest to get to Pewter City."

They got changed into their clothes and had breakfast at the Cafe area. Sapphire had bacon and eggs while Green had fluffy pancakes with maple syrup and bananas. Their Pokémon, Popplio, Pidgey and Bulbasaur was out of their pokeballs, having Pokémon food for breakfast. They packed their bags with potions, a lunch, pokeballs and full heals to take to the forest. They headed off and went through Route 2, to get to the entrance of Viridian Forest. There was a sign at the beginning.

"Viridian Forest up ahead. Warning! Dangerous Pokemon, Beedrill and Pinsir live in this forest! It is recommended to stay within the path unless you have strong Pokémon. Caterpie, Weedle, Metapod, Kakuna, Butterfree and the rare and elusive Pikachu and Pichu also live in this forest."

"Popplio and Pidgey can handle this! Lets go off the path" Smirked Sapphire. "Lets go in." They walked into the entrance. It was dark in there with all the trees covering the sunlight. They immediately went off the path to look for wild Pokémon. They went in the tall grass. Suddenly a Caterpie and Weedle jumped out of the grass at the same time!" They were ready to battle Sapphire and Green. They both took out their rotom phones to scan the two bug Pokémon.

"This Pokémon is Caterpie, a bug type

"This Pokémon is Caterpie, a bug type. When attacked by bird Pokémon, it resists by releasing a terrifically strong odor from its antennae, but it often becomes their prey. It's easy to catch, and it grows quickly, making it one of the top recommendations for novice Pokémon Trainers. This Caterpie is male."

"He's cute! Now, this one..." Sapphire moved her rotom phone to the golden bug Pokémon with a barb on the top of it's head.

"This Pokemon is Weedle, a bug and poison type

"This Pokemon is Weedle, a bug and poison type. Often found in forests, eating leaves. It has a sharp stinger on its head that injects poison. It eats its weight in leaves every day. It fends off attackers with the needle on its head. This Weedle is male."