Chapter 11: Route 4 and Second Rival Battle with Ruby!

Sapphire yawned as she sat up inside her Psyduck tent. It was early in the morning as usual as she checked the time on her Rotom phone. She put her phone in the bag, got changed and stepped outside the camp to the cold morning air.

The duo were camping at the start of Route 4, next to the exit of Mount Moon. Yesterday was an exhausting day, taking on the Team Rocket trio, blasting them off with Sapphire's Pikachu, saving the Pokémon in the cave from the bright lights and stopped the Moon Stones from getting stolen.

Sapphire bounced around with excitement when she remembered that yesterday, the first evolution happened with her Pokémon. Her Pidgey, which she caught at Route 1, evolved into a powerful Pidgeotto, which was larger and had a longer feather than his previous form!

Green was also up and she was grooming her Pichu, with her new Clefable watching her do it.

"Your fur is going to be so nice and sparkling Pichu!"

"Chu!" squeaked Green's Pichu with delight.

"Clef fable fab?"

Green's Clefable asked to groomed next.

"Don't worry Clefable, I will do you next!"

Sapphire approached her warmly.

"Good morning Green." Said Sapphire.

Green stopped grooming her Pichu and looked at her.

"Morning!" She smiled. "I'm going to cook some bacon and eggs on the campfire. You can have some for breakfast!"

After Sapphire and Green ate their breakfast, they packed their camping gear and got ready to go. Sapphire and Green both looked at Sapphire's Rotom phone map for directions to Cerulean City.

"We follow this path and we get there very quickly. It's not a long route." Green said, pointing at the map.

They started walking and they soon noticed a sign to the right.

"Attention Trainers. Route 4 is a short route, but it is home to the poison type Pokémon, Ekans. Always bring antidotes into this route, just in case your Pokémon gets poisoned by the the Ekans. There are also Ratattas, Spearow, Sandshrews and Mankeys living here, at Route 4. There also been sightings of Raticates and Fearows."

"Lucky that we got lots." Said Sapphire.

She just have realised something, when they continued walking.

"Oh, your Bulbasaur fainted, right?"

"I healed her with my last revive in my bag" said Green.

"I've got two more, in case you need them" offered Sapphire.

"Thanks, but I think I will be alright." said Green. "But Sapphire, I think your Pokemon should be out of their pokeball once in a while. I've heard walking with your Pokemon strengthen the bond between you and the Pokemon."

"Good idea." Said Sapphire. She grabbed Popplio's pokeball from her belt.

"Come on out Popplio!"

In a flash, the blue sea lion came out."

"Bwark bwark!" She cried.

"Popplio, can you go on a walk with me through this route? I promise that this isn't a long walk." Sapphire asking her Popplio, remembering that her species were clumsy on land.

"Bwark bwark!"

Green also brought out her Bulbasaur for a walk. They both looked at each other as they walked the walk with their trainers.