Chapter 34. How to become a real person?

'Zane?' The melodious voice that seemed capable of gently scratching his heart softly called.

Just like before, her call received an immediate small smile in response. Though unlike in the past week, this time the small woman only wanted to inquire why he had personally descended from the top floor to receive her. What if she disturbed his work again?

'Yes?' Zane asked gently, while at the same time he was already helping Aria alight the car. The expression on his face was a polar opposite to Aria's, it was no different than a bright spring day. 

The small woman's belly grew day by day more, and it was getting increasingly difficult to sit down as it was to stand up. At night, Zane had even started helping her shift in her sleep from one side to another. Though because of her heavy sleep it was doubtful if Aria remembered this.

As such his heart ached distressed for the little woman, who still had more than one month and a half left of her pregnancy. His concern worsening at the thought that her belly would certainly grow larger, inconveniencing her health further. But at the same time a part of him also felt elated because he could help her for the remaining period more closely, considering nowadays he had a proper reason for his closeness. Just like now, he did not need to convince Aria to let him hold her hand.

'I didn't think you would personally come. Am I not interrupting your work this way? You just got better after fainting the last time. What if you overwork yourself and faint again?' She quickly wanted to ascertain, while automatically her hand was already extended towards him, for him to help her stand up. 

Though she was getting used to his help, and had begun reacting reflexively to his gestures, not even realizing for the most part the normality she had attributed to his actions, just like how naturally she gave her hand to him just now... her lack of awareness was also due to her concern for Zane. For the president to have descended his floor during his busy schedule just for her, it was undoubtedly not an easy feat. 

To squeeze the additional time just because of her fright from last time, how many people would be as attentive as him?

She wasn't sure what exactly Zane's work implied with accuracy, but the proof of the workload were the countless phone calls from the last week that barely let Zane have enough time to breathe. So with him finally at the office after his one week of absence, his workload was bound to increase by folds.

Her obvious worry towards him, which he could feel from the urgency in her voice, warmed Zane's heart. She was too cute for her own good,  he thought. She was so adorable, making him feel he could just eat her up with a spoon. 

'No, little one. Don't worry.' He coaxed her softly, as he tenderly held her waist with one hand, wanting to minimize the strain on her spine in this way, while he used the other to hold her arm. 

In a moment of absent-mindness on her part, mostly due to finally standing upright near the car, while Aria was looking up to the building that was seemingly glaring down at her, he also tenderly pecked the side of her head in reassurance. 

Though his primary motive for Aria's coming to the office was for the most part his unwillingness to be away from her for too long, at the same time Zane's reason was for Aria to surpass her fear, and the trauma she had suffered.

If it was entirely up to him, he wanted nothing more than for his little wife to be tucked away safely in his home, where nothing would ever harm her. But he was aware that it wouldn't be good for her at the same time. He loved her too much to not let her live more freely, more confidently.

Life is unfortunately unpredictable. To believe that he could live a long time and grow old with Aria, to protect her from whatever harm may come, whatever people might want to cause her pain, this was his most fervent wish. But realistically, he may be by her side today, but he was not sure about tomorrow. Who would know for certain just how much time is allocated for them on this planet?