Chapter 41. No retractions allowed

(A/N) Copyright © TURTUREL, 2021.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from me, the only legal owner of this book.

Please keep in mind, that "The convenient marriage" is only lawfully published on Wattpad. If you are reading this book on any other site it is illegally published on that particular site.

Please also note that I will take legal actions against any infringement of my copyrights.

**************

No sound could be heard inside the Black's couple's room, no movement either, for some several moments already.

The cold stone faced man... well he had become a true statue, not even a blink to moisten his eyes he made, no breathing could be heard either, he seemed incapable of reacting. And Aria could be said to be almost in the exact same state.

Her inner turmoil from her nightmare had momentarily broken her restraints, coupled with Zane's declaration of love, she had inadvertently done something out of character. Realizing the boldness she never knew she was capable of, the fleeting daringness to initiate a kiss herself, her pale expression from before immediately turned to a bright red hue. Her cheeks seemed to be inked in a bright crimson color, as she retracted her hands quickly from the frozen man's neck.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." She stuttered her hardly found words.

Hearing her apology and feeling the loss of warmth from around his neck, only then did Zane finally snap out of his dazed state.

"Tell me again!" He demanded quickly, brushing aside her denial. It was hard to distinguish reality for him as well, so he desperately wanted her confirmation, a declaration of love he would force out of her no matter what. A fact proven by the distance that instantly vanished between them, as the somber man became the one who was now wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing back the small body that had wanted to separate from him.

"T-tell you what? I-I didn't say anything." She immediately denied, ironically relieved and sad at the same time. For him to accept and love her, she could wish for nothing more, but as an eighteen year old girl, the embarrassment was too much... the awkwardness was already too difficult to handle.

From a dream in which he was harshly refusing her, to a reality in which he was holding her so close, not allowing her to move in the slightest...the transition was too abrupt.

"No retractions are allowed. I heard you loud and clear already. You love me." He stated confidently bringing his forehead close to hers, as a small smile cheekily appeared at the corner of his mouth. It was surely reality, she had really said it, he thought. The warmth of the small body in his arms and the lingering touch on his lips could not be a lie.

"You..." Aria was at a loss for words, as her erratic heart was having a hard time trying its best to calm itself, unsuccessfully though. He really wasn't giving her heart any chances to settle down.

"D-don't laugh, you said it first." She righteously accused, trying to separate herself from Zane, but the tall man unfortunately wouldn't budge, no matter how she pushed her hands against his chest.

"That I did, because I love you, so I had to say I love you. If you love someone naturally you will tell them you love them. So how could I not say I love..." He repeated as his smile grew wider. If he had said it first how she put it, then it meant she said it second. Aria wasn't realizing she was indirectly confirming it for him again.