Chapter 11

Malia

5:00am

I get out of bed, get dressed and run into the living room. ""I finally get to go home!" I grab my suitcase and leave it at the front door. I go around turning off all the lights and start making all of the plugs are plugged out, once you check them all you grab your keys for your dorm pick up your suitcase and walk out.

I start walking to the train station it's cold I really hope it snows. I pay for my train ticket and wait a few minutes and before I know it the train gets here. I hop on get a seat and it's time to get home to Maryland.

I look at the window watching the snow fall ever so delicately it looks so beautiful. I start reading a book wondering if my family will be awake when I get there.

~~~~~~~~

I get off the train at the train station closest to my house I smile knowing I get to see my family really soon, I leave and start walking through the town seeing some of my Mom and Dads friends I keep walking and I eventually get to my neighbourhood I walk through then I hear footsteps behind me then I turn around to see my best friend, I gasp " MELANIE!!!" I drop my suitcase and wraps my arms around her.

She giggles "I haven't seen you in so long I missed you" she said squeezing me until I nearly couldn't breathe.

I smile "Ok ok you'll suffocate me and I missed you too" we keep walking towards my house and eventually get there I know on the door then I hear rattling at the door then my Mom opens the door.

"Malia! I missed you" she hugs my tightly.

"I missed you too mom" I hug her back then I hear a voice coming from the living room.

"Mary who's at the door?"

"It's Malia she's back!"

I hear footsteps coming towards the door then next thing I know my dad wraps his arms around me "I missed you"

I giggle trying to leave his embrace he has the same cologne as Mr. Warren hm "I missed you too Dad"

He smiles then turns to Melanie "Melanie we haven't seen you in a long time"

She smiles "Hi John, hi Mary"

My mother smiles "It's nice to see you Melanie come inside i'll make everyone hot chocolate"

I smile my Mom's hot chocolate is the best we all go inside "It's nice being home" I look towards the tree "Mom you decorate it the same way every year"

She smiles "I know it's nice like that though isn't it"

"It is, it's the best tree in Maryland" Melanie and I sit down and start to catch up on everything then we hear little footsteps come running down the stairs, I turn and face the stairs and laugh it's my little brother Alex.

He runs over and jumps onto my lap "Malia!!"

I smile "Hey buddy! Where's David?"

He frowns "He's out with his friends"

I gasp "Already?"

He nods "He wouldn't play cars with me last night"

I tilt my head "Well that's not very nice but don't worry he's a moody 12 year old boy"

David laughs "Can you and Melanie play cars with me?"

I look at Melanie "Hmmmm how about this I go unpack and then i'll play cars with you?"

He smiles brightly "Okay!!" he runs up to his room to wait

I stand up and Melanie and I run to my room and start unpacking

Melanie sits down beside me as we unpack everything "So are there any boys in your college that you're into"

I shake my head "Nope, but one of my friends Leah has a thing for one of our teachers"

She laughs "Which one?"

I take out a dress and fold it "You know that demonologist Ed Warren"

She nods

"Well he's one of my lecturers for demonology him and his wife and you know of course Leah finds him good looking.... if i'm honest though he smells good"

She looks at me shocked "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE SMELLS GOOD?!"

I laugh "It's a long story I got a doll in an arts and crafts store it might be possessed it smashed all my photos and I was sobbing he comforted me his cologne smells nice"

She smirks lightly "So you have a thing for your teacher huh?"

I shake my head "No! My friend Leah's the one that has a thing for him"

She smiles "Alright alright"

We finish putting away all of my things and start walking towards my brothers room. We walk and I go pale "Where did you get that?"

He looks up at me while holding.........