xii. grateful

❛grateful❜

❛grateful❜

"YOU BETTER NOT BE FALLING ASLEEP ON MY SHOULDER, KIM SUNOO." you threatened the dark haired boy who had his head on your shoulder. the both of you were taking a break from practice in the main practice room.

you two leaned against the mirror, watching the others dance.

"i'm not, min y/n." he groaned, taking a swift from his water bottle.

"woo! my limbs are on fire. love that for me." shion panted out, briefly catching her breath.

"you'll get used to hell then, shion!" you shouted and she flipped you the bird.

"shion! this is a PG show! PG!" heeseung scolded her and she bowed, sarcastically.

"who cares, these kids are gonna learn how to cuss sooner or later anyway. i'm just giving them an early demonstration." she shrugged, making jungwon face-palm. she had a point there though.

"right, back to work." you pushed sunoo's head off of your shoulder before grabbing hold of his hands and pulling him upward.

all of you went into formation, deciding to practice the dance together as a whole. and that's what you did for the rest of the day.

───

the next day, while the team was practicing heeseung's stunts, a few unexpected guests waltzed into the room.

everyone in the room immediately stopped what they were doing and all turned to the new arrivals with surprised expressions.

you could barely keep in your inner admiration when you set your eyes on zico. well, he is one of the professional rappers and producers that you looked up to. (a/n: yeah, not anymore. he's problematic. it should be illegal that his music's actually good.)

everyone greeted the higher ups, bowing continuously.

you didn't know how to react in front of these high-end and professional people, the aura they gave out was evident. and it left you in both awe and terror.

the three sunbaes introduced themselves.

"the new i-landers..." zico started, taking a glance at his clipboard, "how are you guys doing? are you adjusting well?"

you and the others raised your hands, as you nodded. everything was a bit tense at first but you learned how to adapt to it. especially since most of the boys, like heeseung and jungwon, were very welcoming.