xvi. puppy energy

❛puppy energy❜

❛puppy energy❜

"CAN YOU GUYS LET US UNPACK IN PEACE?" you complained while putting your hand on your hips. your bag was open, and clothes were on your bed.

"let me think. hmmm...no." jay mischievously answered, sitting on the messy bed which was once belle's but now is jake's.

yes, jake is rooming with you and shion.

jay, k and sunghoon are hanging around your bedroom once again, without asking for prior permission.

"where should i put my clothes?" jake popped his head out of the dressing room.

"beside shion's. there's an empty space there." you replied, not looking up from folding your clothes. "do you need help?"

"i'm good!" jake disappeared into the dressing room, leaving the door open.

"alright, get up." you walked towards the three unwanted guests, forcing them on their feet. k pouted while the other two gave out protests. "and get out."

you pushed them out, more like kicked them out.

"hmp fine. see you later at dinner." sunghoon ambled away, defeated.

"bye!" shion yelled from her bed.

you went back to what you were doing, your mind filled with thoughts about the representative test. you were apprehensive because you really wanted to win in order to not vote anyone out. but the grounders have a lot of talented people on their team too like ni-ki, daniel, sunoo.

you were starting to miss sunoo. it felt empty without him latching onto you every waking and sleeping hour.

───

"let me help you." while you were washing the dishes, a freshly showered boy appeared by your side with a warm smile.

"oh it's fine. i have it covered." you smiled minimally back at him, continuing with your dish work. you were used to doing chores without any help since for three years you were living alone, in charge with all the housework.

"i insist." he took the dry towel on your shoulder which you were going to use for drying off the wet kitchen utensils.

"no really, i'm okay." you looked up at jake with a firm expression, telepathically telling him to skidaddle.

"you're sure?"

"yes." you nodded.

"fine, i'll wait for you to finish." he went to go sit on the kitchen island with shion who was munching on some bread.

you sighed, you didn't expect him to say that.

why is he acting like we don't live with each other. lol.

───

"you have a dog?" you raised your eyebrow as you and him walked to the purple bedroom together.

"yeah! her name's layla." he grinned with a happy tone. it looked like he loved his dog very much. well, you could relate since you have pet dogs yourself.

"she sounds lovely." you gave him a little smile. the look on his face tugged at your heartstrings. "i actually have two dogs myself."

"really?! we should definitely have doggie playdates! what's their breeds? what's their names? their gender?" he excitedly asked questions left and right. he said 'doggie playdates', that's so adorable.

"i have a husky, her name's venus. and a male bichon frise, his name's fuffa. fuffa's been with me for 3 years and i got venus last year. venus is actually from a dog shelter, he was abandoned by his owner." you explained, getting excited as well. jake's enthusiasm was contagious.

before you got here in I-LAND, you dropped your dogs off at your parents' house since no one was going to care for them in your apartment.

"i want to meet them! and layla will probably get along with them too." he smiled so widely. you loved how he got so giddy over talking about dogs.

"you're so cute." you laugh, patting his shoulder as you opened the door to the purple bedroom.

"i have a lot to boast about to the others now." jake giggled, feeling proud.

"what?" you asked.

"nothing!"

───

you stayed up until 1AM later that night, watching the test songs for the rap team. you wore headphones because shion and jake were both fast asleep and you didn't want to accidentally wake them up.

you memorized all the lyrics for 'runner's high' and 'matryoshka'. now all that's left is for you to write the rap for the last song.

you already had a theme in mind but you had to discuss it with jay first since he's your teammate. plus, you had to divide the parts, there's still a lot to be done.

so you went to sleep at 1:30AM, you can't stay up too late, you had to replenish your energy to have enough of it for practice tomorrow.

watch the attached vids on top pls <3

- author