xix. a-plus

❛a-plus❜

❛a-plus❜

YOU ONLY HAD three days left until the performance, but before that you had to go through the midpoint evaluation. the last evaluation didn't go so well so you hoped it would be a little better this time.

"as you all know, there's a battle among the vocal, dance and rap representatives." rain and sung-deuk both sat in front of you.

with your heart beating at an alarming rate, you grasped at the tip of your sweatshirt's sleeves, fiddling with it. you were letting out long breaths to calm your nerves.

jay who was next to you stepped a little closer, leaning in, "you okay?" you nodded in response.

"did you guys decide the vocal representatives?" rain inquired.

everyone nodded, "which two is it?" rain followed up with another question.

heeseung and geonu shot their hands up to signify rain that they were the vocal reps. rain then, instructs them to move to the side together.

"who are the dance representatives?" rain briefly glances at his clipboard.

the three dance reps, sunghoon, k and jungwon raised their hands.

"and the rap representatives?" rain looked around, trying to guess who the rap reps are.

you and jay both raised your hand, your arm was shaking so you clenched your palm into a knuckle to not make it obvious.

"yes, just as i expected. step forward." rain said, "from the I-LANDERS who weren't chosen, is there anyone who thinks that they can also do well?"

seon then, explained about your plan of substitution, in case the reps needed to be replaced if there's a need to, the other teams can substitute them.

sung-deuk and rain looked impressed, the both of them nodding. it somehow relieved a bit of your stress.

"you guys have a good strategy here!" rain complimented and everyone broke out into smiles, "this is teamwork. this is really brilliant and i'd like to praise you for that."

you smiled, feeling much better now that you got complimented.

"give yourselves a round of applause." and you all did. you felt the atmosphere loosen up a bit and you were glad everyone seemed to be in higher spirits than before.

jay looked at you with a big smile while clapping, subtly telling you that there was nothing to be worried about. and you smiled back at him.

"let's see the vocals first."

───

"jungwon-ah," rain called out.

the dance team finished their evaluation and they got good feedback same as the vocal team.