CHAPTER 8:

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different." C. S. Lewis

T.W. Sexual Harassment and Slut shaming

Delilah has never been in a situation as stupid as the one she's in right now. Standing in Doose's market buying a literal wicker basket. It's the strangest thing, living in Stars Hollow, and in all honesty, the girl is starting to think it's absolutely strange.

Delilah tosses various things in her basket, knowing the day will be terrible, especially if she has to eat lunch with someone she doesn't even know. Jess stands behind her in the aisle, looking for a couple of things on a list that lives in his pocket.

"Alright, I need some drinks and then we're done." She says, letting her pale green wicker basket hang by her side. There are several candies inside, as well as a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. She'd made a mental note to include a butter knife from home as well.

"Great. And I need... super glue."

Delilah intertwines her fingers with Jess's, pulling him across the store to the aisle they need. Sadly, though, Rory and Dean are making out in this aisle, right in front of the super glue.

Rory pulls away from the boy, hearing the movement of the pair nearby. Jess leans on the shelves beside her sister, whilst Delilah picks out a couple of drinks. Dean turns in surprise, rolling his eyes when he notices Jess and Delilah right there.

"Sorry to intrude." Jess says sarcastically, making Delilah giggle as she puts the drinks in her basket.

"Then why did you?"

"Well you're having your vertical 'from here to eternity' moment right in front of the super glue." The pair look around, realizing he's correct as Delilah wraps her arms around him, resting her chin on his arm. "Not that it isn't an appropriate place to be doin' it in front of, but..."

"Here's your glue." Dean interrupts him, handing over a bottle of superglue.

"Thanks. As you were." Jess says, walking over to the check out.

"You know, these things are supposed to be homemade, Delilah." Taylor chastises as he rings up her basket.

"I don't really care, Taylor."

"I figured you wouldn't, hoodlem."

"Quit it, Taylor." Jess insists from in line behind her, purchasing his superglue and handing her a Milky Way bar.

"You two are just too close." He complains as the pair walk out, Delilah on her way home to set up her basket and Jess on the way to do... something with superglue.

---

"Let's start the bidding at... 2$" Taylor says whilst the woman behind him holds up Delilah's pale green basket. Delilah scoffs at the low price but doesn't say anything, letting the man have his fun.

"5$" Jess shouts from the back. She turns immediately, feeling a breath of relief leave her when she sees it's him.

"5$, do I hear 10$?" Taylor calls out.

"10$" Someone else says, a boy Delilah doesn't recognise to be Ry. Jess's face flashes with anger.

"Okay i've got 10 dollars, do I hear 15$?"

"20!" Jess shouts.

"20$ do I hear 25$?"

"30$!" Ry offers. Dean looks around in confusion, eyes widening when he sees that Ry is the one bidding.