Part 12

Madhuri Dixit: Samira
Anil Kapoor: Karan
Akshay Kumar: Avi
Kajol: Anaisha

••••••••••••••••••••

Karan turned to Avi.

Karan: "What are you saying?  Are you crazy?"
Avi: "Karan....  Samira is very sick.  She has been struggling with the disease for years but there has been no hope for a year.  The doctor said ... "

Karan: "What did the doctor mean!"

Karan's eyes were full of tears.

Avi: "She still has a few moments to live.  She won't live long. "

Karan: "Why .."

Karan grabbed Avi by the neck and pulled him to the wall.  There were tears in his eyes.  His face was red.  He was very angry.

Karan: "Why didn't you tell me this before  !!!!!  How long have you known?  Where is she ?  Tell me!"

Avi: "Karan, I promised her.  But let's go and have a drink.  I will tell you everything!  Please."

Karan: "Tell me everything here! I don't have time to take a coffee break with you!"

Karan & Avi calmed down.  Avi told Karan about everything.

Avi: "Samira and I have known each other since we were children.  We were good friends. But her family hated me ... they still hate me ... soo...A year before she made the trip with you, we decided to take a short trip to America.  But on the way to the airport she suddenly felt very bad.  We had canceled the flight and drove to the hospital.  After four or five sleepless nights, the doctor diagnosed us with her illness.  She was at the beginning of her illness and with many therapies and medications she was fine.  She started working and enjoying life.  But six months later her condition turned bad.  The doctor gave her a few weeks, months, or, with luck, years to live.... She was so sad. She cried every night... And then she realized the love for you and your love for her.  She didn't want to hurt you or her family.  But for her the hatred that you and her parents would receive for her was much better and more bearable than tears and sadness behind her dead. So she called me one day after the evening with you at the hotel.  She came to Goa and planned everything.  Wedding, marriage, being happy ... it was all planned. We were married for a few more years and we wanted everyone to believe us.  Her parents and you should hate her.  That was the plan.  But the love for you....  She couldn't change it or throw it out of her heart..... Ahhh You know It's a miracle.  She lived for many years.  But now she's dying a little more every day.  Ah....  She knows that you still love her.  She loves you too....  But she doesn't want you to suffer ... so she went to America ... "

Karan: "Is she still in America?"

Avi: "Yes!  She wanted to go there for work and so that you can forget her....  But now she is in the hospital.  I was with her the day before yesterday.  I'll fly to her again ... maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow....Karan.  Maybe you hate her for everything.  Or maybe you love her but are stubborn.  However!  Go to her.  Be with her.  Even if it's for a few days.  Actually, I shouldn't have told you.  But ....  Do you know she has a picture of you.  She puts it aside and falls asleep next and with the picture.  She has always loved you and always will ... "

Karan: "Avi ..."

Avi: "Yes?"

Karan: "Can you give me the address?  And can you help me?  I need a visa and papers for the flight? "

Avi: "Yeah, sure.  I do everything.  The main thing is that Samira is happy. "

Karan: "Avi ... did you ever love her?"

Avi: "No.  I've always seen her as my sister.
I helped her. "

Karan: "Also back then ... in Lucknow?"

Avi: "That was a coincidence.  I was there for business and Samira was bored.  So she came with me for a year.  She lived in the apartment that I had rented but in a different room.  Before your arrival and after your departure, Samira was out and did a lot with her cousin in Lucknow.  But when you came, yes we pretended to live a marriage.  Not just to you, but to her cousin.  After that we were separated but had contact.  My parents didn't know anything about the breakup either.  So we visited my family from time to time as married couples.  They love Samira. "

Karan was exhausted and confused.  He was happy to hear that Samira loves him but also very sad and angry because she is going to die and he cannot help.