Chapter 4

"What?"

I opened my eyes at Sunniva's confused question.

Everyone left from the Assembly was focused on me with the exception of Uriel. It seemed not much time had passed. Taika's ghost was still on the ground and the scattered groups of the Clans still lingered around me. Sunniva was an arm's length away, looking at me with worry as she repeatedly glanced over her shoulder to check on Uriel. I could care less, taking a large step away from her. I didn't care about how heartbroken Uriel was, or how horrified Echo looked as he stared at me. I didn't even care about the loathing on Ulfa's face or how Rodolf appeared saddened about whatever fate they've now decided for me. I knew that killing Taika would reverse whatever fucked up decision had been made for my Guild during this Assembly. That I've painted an even larger target on my back than before. If I died, I died. If I lived, I lived. I couldn't give a flying fuck about this world anymore. There was nothing left here for me anyway.

"Thana," Sunniva called out to me, her hand reaching for my arm as I retreated.

I glared at her, making her flinch and retract her hand slowly.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered, her expression crestfallen.

I turned away from her, striding back to my remaining Members when Pandora's voice made me halt in my tracks. For the love of the gods, can this fucking shit end already?

"Thana Lillith Kage, in violation of Clan Law A13, for murdering a Clan Leader without reasonable evidence to do so, I sentence you and your Clan to death." Pandora said coldly.

I spun on my heel to face Pandora, my expression blank and my eyes portraying how dead I feel inside. I wasn't threatened by her sentencing. It was all irrelevant to me.

"If you so much as harm a hair on my Guild Members' heads, you will be in violation of Clan Law B3 due to no evidence of any personal wrongdoing on their part. My subsequent sentence on that would be I will just kill you quicker than I already planned." I replied tonelessly.

Gasps of shock rang across the clearing and Pandora's features hardened, her eyes blazing with fury. Choke on that, you fucking bloodsucking bitch.

"Have you declared war Thana Kage? Here? In this sacred space of peace?" She asked me in a sinister, silky soft voice.

I laughed darkly, shaking my head at all of this goddamn nonsense. I already missed Luna intensely. Only she would've been the one to mildly entertain me with bullshit to help me keep my head.

"How did you know? Did my face give it away?" I replied sarcastically.

Pandora straightened, tilting up her chin with a haughty gracefulness I despised.

"You will be signing your Clan's death warrants." She informed me.

"My actions bear no consequence to my Guild. Not really. You all seemed to have decided long ago that our warrants have been signed since the moment we were born." I said bitterly.

"With good reason." Ulfa growled, barging into the conversation.

Rodolf clamped a hand on her shoulder, his eyes full of warning. Ulfa shrugged him off, scowling hatefully at me. I tilted my head at her in question, daring her to say something else with the lift of my brow. Just because my dark magic is currently drained doesn't mean my wild magic is of no use. I didn't give a fuck about the dress, I'll rip Ulfa apart if she so much as twitches towards me.

"Your kind is a disease on this world that should be eradicated." Ulfa continued.

"So you've said. What's new?" I replied dryly.