˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: the beginnings :-

── IN WHICH THEY HAVE 
A VISITOR

. . .

George wasn't really sure what had clicked, but all of a sudden Rhea appeared in this new light to him. Of course, she had always been so so pretty, and her personal style added to that. Other than her appearance, his first impression had been of a rather strange girl who was insanely smart - otherwise she wouldn't have graduated early - with a mixture of seriousity and craziness that her sister had.

She was still just as ditzy, and had talked of the strange amount of creatures that Xenophilius had taught them both about, but she seemed just that little bit more rooted to the ground than Luna was, and the twins would have known after spending so mcuh time in Dumbledore's Army with her.

They were merely days away from opening day now, and the store was busy with staff putting finish touches together. Rhea, even now that she was on paycheck, seemed to barely had changed, and it became apparent just how lucky the twins were.

She really worked so hard, was almost always punctual and had taken to bringing food in for lunches, and more often than not, Fred and George - or at least the latter - found themselves hoping that she would stay behind for a little while even after the other staff members had left.

And it was that thought on his mind as he watched Rhea walk away from his with a box of portable swamps to stack on the shelves around the corner. George had been sat on the counter, cross-legged as he arranged the love potion display into the massive hexagonal shape of glass that was going to be sat upon the purple cone that a worker was fitting lights onto, and Rhea had been helping for a short amount of time.

He had listened to her chat about... Blibbering Humdingers for several minutes on end before realising she had completely forgotten her own duties and hurried to complete them, leaving George on his own once more. But not for long.

"Hm. I know that look." Besides him, Fred popped up with a smirk on his face, elbows resting on the counter. "I remember it very well actually. You used to get it for that girl in the year above - the Ravenclaw... Clara, was it?"

"I didn't like Clara like that." George muttered a reply, and Fred's eyebrows raised.

"So you like Rhea then. Can't say I'm surprised really." Fred chuckled. "You admitted it and you don't even realise it. So, in that case, I was thinking that I-" 

"No. Nope. No way." George quickly cut him off. "Freddie - you can't try and set me up with her. She's.. different from Clara. I can't just do something like that and-"

"Fred and George Weasley!" Both boys' head shot up as they heard the voice, and George scrambled off of the counter, the both of them standing up straight as the bushy-haired, head of their mother appeared. It had been weeks since she had arrived in Diagon Alley and given them their last speaking to - when Rhea unknowingly gave up their secret and got them into more trouble.

"Mum, hi." Fred's voice was bright, even if he was absolutely terrified of what was to come next. "How are you? Dad - Ron, Bill, Charlie, Ginny - they're all fine too?"

"Don't you ask me about them!" Molly's voice was raised now, and as George glanced to the side he saw a head of blonde hair peering around the corner. "No letters - nothing telling me that you're alright! And then I get this!"

She was brandishing around a piece of parchment that  neither had any chance of reading until George had the common sense to pluck it from her hands and scan the contents, instantly recongising the handwriting of his younger brother, and winced at the details within.

"You took Harry's Triwizard Winnings?" Molly exclaimed, taking the letter back once she could be sure that the boys had read it. "After what had just happened to him and you just take his prize money?"

"He gave it to us Mum. Actually insisted we have it actually." George replied. "And.. we've pretty much spent it all already.. A while ago."

"Mrs Weasley." Just as Molly looked about to burst, there was an interruption of a calmer, female voice. They looked away to see Rhea approaching, a cup of tea in her hands - except.. it was a bright pink colour. "Good afternoon - if you're concerned about finances and money and how the shop runs, I can go through things with you. It's just that we're very close to opening day and I'm sure that Fred and George are way too busy to do such things, but I'm free to help."

"Mum - this is Rhea Lovegood. Head staff member... person." George's mind blanked on her actually position, stepping forward and guiding Mrs Weasley over to the girl, who handed her the cup of tea. "You're in good hands."

And Mrs Weasley didn't have any grounds to disagree.