˗ˋ 20

CHAPTER TWENTY

-: the beginnings :-

── IN WHICH RHEA SMOOTHS
THINGS OVER

. . .

Rhea had come by the twin at just the right time, and she was more than happy to take Mrs Weasley away from the shop for an hour or so when she calmed down. They couldn't risk having such a loud distraction so close to opening day, and if anyone could calm down a raging mother of two twins, it would be the ditzy blonde who said twins had named their head of staff.

Mrs Weasley bustled behind Rhea as she practically skipped through the cobbled streets, not at all quiet in the lively environment of the wizarding shopping district hidden away in plain sight of the muggles in London. Everywhere she turned there was someone to say 'hi' to, following a quick introduction to the show owner or stall handler to Mrs Weasley.

It was the beginning to a good distraction to the problem Molly clearly had with the twins' new life as the owners of Weasley Wizard Wheezes - no matter how successful they were. By introducing Mrs Weasley to all these people as the mother of Fred and George - it was all very well thought out on Rhea's behalf - it meant that she was hearing several rather nice compliments.

Because even if Molly didn't initially link the words 'polite' or 'well-behaved' to the twins, she had raised all her children to be so. And now that their attention wasn't going towards pulling pranks but rather packaging them, it allowed those aspects to be highlighted.

By the time Rhea had lead them to the chosen destination - a wonderful little tea place named Rosa Lee Teabag that served not only a variety of flavoured teas but food all through the day - Mrs Weasley had heard Fred and George be called far many positive things to count on one hand. Albeit the odd bang in the night as they continued their long-practised tradition of experimenting and creating at all hours of the day, they were the perfect neighbours and were even praised on the  idea that their shop would bring more younger people to the district. 

"Well.. I didn't quite realise that you were all so friendly here." Mrs Weasley let the felt coat fall from her shoulders and scrunch behind her on the comfy chair as she took a seat within the tea shop, Rhea in the midst of smiling over to Rosa Lee.

"I wouldn't have realised just how close the community is either." The younger girl mused, adjusting the dipping lace-lined neckline of the vest beneath the cardigan she was wearing. The slowly warming weather was very welcome, but the teashop was particularly chilly that afternoon. "You haven't had lunch yet, have you?" 

Rhea picked out one of the neatly printed menus from the holder attached to the side of the table, passing it to the woman as she shook her head. "I'd stay away from the grape juice.. attracts Nargles. But they do a nice cherry juice."

"Nargles?" Mrs Weasley repeated, but when the only reply she got was a firm nod, she decided not to question what they were. She had met Xenophilius before and knew that this was most likely from him. "Right. Not the grape juice then. Anything else you recommend?"

Rhea paused, thinking for a moment. "The pumpkin seed rolls and roasted pepper and pumpkin soup. Then the lavender scones." She replied. "I don't think I've introduced myself formally, Rhea Lovegood, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Weasley."

"I believe we've met when you were much younger, dear." Molly smiled. "You were about this tall and talking your head off about moon frogs and something about mistletoe." Molly smiled, her hand gesturing somewhere near the table height. And I attended Pandora's funeral."

Rhea hummed to herself, nodding absentmindedly as she tapped her nails on the edge of the table. Molly recognised the change in attitude and cleared her throat. "You grew up well. Look exactly like your parents. And congratulations on graduating early."

"Thank you." Rhea replied. "And you can ask about it, you know." She added. "I know you didn't come here to talk to me.. but to talk about Fred and George."

Molly paused, before nodding and letting out a sigh. "You're right.. how are they doing? In general.. and - and - with the shop?"

"It's going really well." Rhea informed her. "They're working hard at what they enjoy. They're doing far better now than what they would be doing at school. It'll work out for them, even if it's not in the most pratical of ways."

Then, their conversation was interrupted with the waitress coming to take their orders. After the glasses and drinks were summoned with a quick spell, the waitress poured them for the pair before leaving them.

"Mrs Weasley." Rhea took a sip of her juice. "If you are willing, and I'm sure the twins wouldn't mind.. but as the head of staff I'd like to invite you, Mr Weasley and any others to come to the grand opening. It's on the 22nd. Just a fun event, celebrating the opening."

Mrs Weasley blinked, staring at the girl. "I think I'd like that." Molly swallowed another sip of her drink. 

And just like that, Rhea had worked her magic.