🌻First Impressions🌻

The air conditioner whirred as you laid in your bed. Today was rough, to say the least. It was your first day of Freshman year in Clone High, and already you could tell that you were far from a fan.

It started out normal, you made it to your first class fine. You met your history teacher, Mr. Sheepman, who was a little quirky, but seemed ok overall. Class started with an ice breaker assignment, where you had to state your name, interests, and what you're hoping to learn about this new school year. It was awkward, sure, but nothing stressful.

Second period, however, was another story. You had art, an elective you chose as an easy A. Things were going smoothly at first, the teacher introduced herself, gave an assignment. It was seemingly all good. That was until JFK, one of the school's annoying jocks, thought it would be oh so funny to mess with you. He swiped the painting you were working on, and tossed it to a fellow jock, initiating a game of monkey in the middle. You tried desperately to get it back, whilst also trying to not show how bothered you were by this. Then, when mistakenly missing a catch, JFK slammed onto your table, making your palette fly. It fell right on you, globs of paint covering your shirt and pants.

Upon noticing your predicament, JFK pointed and laughed, some others in the class joining in. You felt your face burn up. Luckily, or not so luckily, the teacher finally noticed, and sent JFK out of class. It irritated you that the other guy didn't get in trouble too, but you were more worried about your now ruined outfit. The teacher called for two kids in the back to get some wet paper towels to help you clean up. One of them, a maroon haired chick, got up and started to fix the towels. The other, a short red-head, rummaged through his bag. He finally got up and headed to you, along with the girl. The girl handed over the wet paper towels, which you thanked her for, and began dabbing the paint. You didn't want to smudge it more.

The red-head, who stood fiddling with something in his hands, just stared at you. It made you a little uncomfortable, if you were being honest. Once you got the globs of paint off, he tapped your shoulder. You looked towards him, and was greeted by a small bottle of stain remover.

"This should help get a bit of the paint out. I use it when I accidentally get paint on the clothes and stuff." His voice was a bit nasally, and he seemed shy and awkward.

"Uh, thanks." You took the remover, and applied it to the left over blotches. The stains seemed to be lifted, minus some leftover residue. You handed the remover back to him.

"The rest should wash out in the wash." He smiled softly, and took the remover.

There was a pause, and then the red-head spoke again.

"I'm Van Gogh, by the way. And, uhm, this is Joan." Van Gogh pointed his thumb to the girl.

"Hey." Joan waved, and was a bit stand offish.

"Good to meet you both. I'm [Y/N]." You gave them a smile. "Thanks for helping, by the way."

"No problem, JFK can be such a jerk." Joan rolled her eyes at the thought of him.

"Seems so." You chuckled.

The two headed back to their seats, and you were still a little agitated the rest of the class.

The next two periods were better than art. Then, came lunch. You didn't really know where to sit, until you saw Joan. She was scanning the area, and her eyes lande on you. She gave a smile, and waved you over. You happily made your way over, until you tripped and fell. Your face landed straight into your lunch tray, mashed potatoes and gravy covering most of it. You quickly lifted yourself up, wiping the food from you eyes, to see what made you fall. There stood JFK, laughing and pointing at you again. You could hear more laughter starting to erupt from others. You just sighed, and made your way to the bathroom. You cleaned yourself off once more, and remained in the bathroom for the rest of lunch. You thought about how annoying and embarrassing it was that so many people's first impressions of you were at the hands of JFK cruel jokes. How could you ever become friends with people, when you're already the target of harassment? No one would want to be sucked into it with you.