🌻Sipping Cider🌻

"Oh! Look at how bright the leaves are! I need to get a quick ske-" Van Gogh exclaimed, before getting cut off.

"Vin! We gotta get to the front, to get our bags for picking!" You whined, and took out your phone. You took a few pictures of the surrounding area. "There, you can use these later for reference, now c'mon, hun!" You giggled, grabbing his hand and skipping into the apple farm's little store. There were all sorts of pre-picked apples, different kinds of apple-based baked goods, apple drinks, and more.

"Well, howdy there, little ones!" The lady at the front desk waved.

"We're teens." You sighed. You couldn't be mad at the woman, though. Both you and Van Gogh were the same height, and that height being very short for your ages.

"Oh, my apologies! What can I do for you and your boyfriend here, young lady?" She smiled kindly.

"We'd like two small bags for apple picking, please! We're going to be making cider later." You replied, and held Van Gogh's hand, who gave you a slight smile.

"How lovely! Alrighty, two small bags for you," She handed you a smaller tote bag, "And you!" She then handed Van Gogh a bag. He thanked her. "That will be $15."

You took the money from your pocket, and handed her a 10 and a 5.

"Thank you, dear!" She said. As the two of you left for the field, you could hear her say, "Have fun, munchkins!"

You and Van Gogh couldn't help but chuckle. Sure, it was poking fun at your height, but it was in such a sweet way!

The two of you walked toward the batch of trees of your favorite apple type. Once there, you each picked a good few at your own trees, until you gave a squeal.

"Vin, look!" You pointed upward.

Van Gogh walked over to your spot and looked to where you were pointing. He spotted a perfectly shaped and shiny apple, at a height neither of you could reach.

"We absolutely need that apple for our cider!" You smiled at him. "I can give you a boost, and you could reach it!"

"What!? Nooo, [Y/N]. I'm not doing that." Van Gogh shook his head.

"Pleeeease?" You sweetly asked, giving him puppy eyes and a pouty lip. He gave you a questioning look, then rolled his eyes.

"Fine. How could I say no to that face?" He kissed your cheek, making you giggle.

You squatted down, and Van Gogh climbed onto your shoulders. Slowly, you raised him up, trying your best to keep your grip on him, and keeping balanced.

"Almost. There. A. Little. Further." You could feel Van Gogh beginning to shake a bit from stretching. You attempted to go on your tippy toes, but that would end up being a horrible idea. You lost your balance, and began to tumble backwards.
"Woah! Woah!! Careful, [Y/N]!!" Van Gogh practically shrieked. Careful wasn't really a choice at this point. You felt yourself going back, and you fell hard on your butt. You felt Van Gogh land as well.

"Damn! Ouch." You hissed, standing up. "Vin? You ok? I'm so sorry!" You turned to your boyfriend, who was laying on the ground. You knelt next to him.

"I'm alright." He said, rubbing his head. "Took a bit of a bump to the head, but I'll be ok. On the bright side," He grabbed an object next to him. "I got it!" The object was the perfect apple, and your lover had a perfect smile plastered on his face. You laughed and hugged him.

"I knew you could do it, honey!" You kissed his cheek, causing him to blush a bit. "Now, let's get the rest of the apples we need, and we can head home." You helped him up, and you both continued to collect apples, until both bags were full.

When you got back to your house, you helped one another with prep and making the cider. You got out the spices and other supplies that you needed, and Van Gogh got the apples ready.

Once everything was getting heated, you decided to go to your room to set up a surprise for your boyfriend. You told him you'd be upstairs, then headed up. There, you found all sorts of blankets, pillows, and other comfy items. You started to build a nice little fort for the two of you. When you finished, you were fairly proud of your work! You switched on your T.V., and hooked up your DVD player, popping in one of Van Gogh's favorite movies.

There was a knock on your door, and you squeaked, heading into the fort. The door opened, and you could see Van Gogh's feet stepping forward.

"Where- oh!" Van Gogh chuckled to himself. "What's this, my star?" He spoke as her crouched down, and shimmied into the fort with you.

"A blanket fort! So we can watch a movie together." You beamed.

"You're too sweet, my darling!" He laughed, then offered you one of the mugs of cider he had. "Cider?"

"Of course!" You took it happily, and snuggled close to Van Gogh.

You spent the rest of the day watching movies, and sipping hot cider. A great way to spend a fall day.
________________________________

A/N: Van Gogh x female reader that's the same height as him suggested by @galaxyreptile ! It took many drafts to get this one right, and I'm kinda still not all too happy with it. Oh well! Also, I know it's quite late for a fall themed story, but you know what? That's ok. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this, and I apologize for my absence again! School has been taking a lot of time lately.