🌻You Make Me Happy🌻

You and Van Gogh sat under a tree on a hill. The hill's grass was soft, and cool underneath you. Van Gogh was sitting in between your legs, your arms around his waist. He was working on a sketch of the landscape ahead of you. The sky was dark, and the lights of each house in the neighborhood glowed. You knew he'd be painting this later.

You sighed happily, and rested your cheek on his shoulder. He put his sketchbook down, and turned to face you, wiggling from your grasp.

"Are you alright?" He asked, reaching for your hand, and held it in his own.

"Oh, yeah. I'm just really...happy, ya know? You, uh, make me really happy." You gently smiled. He chuckled softly, and kissed your cheek.

"You are such a sap, and I love that about you. You make me happy too." He hummed out, resting his forehead on yours. The two of you stayed like that for a moment, then Van Gogh went back to the position he was in previously.

He took the hand he was holding, and turned it so your palm was facing up. He gently traces the lines and fingers. He liked doing this, usually to calm himself down, but also to show affection. He hummed as his did so, simple tones, but no real song.

You thought about how much he meant to you, and how much this moment meant to you. It wasn't something fantastical, but it was heavenly. You've been with Van Gogh for only a few months, but your heart was fully in this relationship, and you could tell his was too.

It was getting dark, and it was getting painfully obvious that the two of you would have to part. Of course, you'd see one another at school, but you didn't want this moment to end.

"It's getting late." Van Gogh spoke in a hushed tone.

"I know." You gently squeezed him, and nuzzled your face into the crook of his neck.

"Now, don't do that, sunflower. You know we have to get going." Vincent chuckled, and slowly made his way out of your arms. You could tell it was reluctantly, and you gave him a pouty look. "Come here." He held his hand out, which you took, and he helped you up.

You gave him a hug, and a kiss on the cheek. He smiled, and placed his lips on yours. You kissed him back, then you both pulled away.

"Let's get going." He said, grabbing his sketchbook, then your hand.

You headed home together, him dropping you off at your doorstep. He made his way home after.

You couldn't wait for the morning.
________________________________

A/N: This wasn't requested, but I thought about writing just a nice soft ol' fic and knew I had to. Is this me projecting? Maybe, maybe. But it's ok, it's nice to think about happy things for once.
Again, sorry if he seems out of character. I'm not one for the "soft boy" traits, I guess!