🎤 If Things Went Differently 🎤

A/N before the story: The reader in this story uses he/him pronouns, as requested by the user I will mention at the end. This story is based off the idea of if Gandhi didn't humiliate Van Gogh!
____________________________________

The night was young, but that didn't stop JFK from being antsy.

"I swear, if that chucklehead doesn't keep his promise, I'll, er uh, sock him so hard, he'll have to eat through a straw!" The jock hissed.

"Calm down, JFK." Cleo rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, man. I'm sure he'll come through." You shrugged, and scanned the groups of rowdy teens. You spotted Gandhi, who was on the phone. "I'll ask his buddy over there where he's at."

You made your way to Gandhi, and could hear him speaking to the person on the other line.

"So, you're depressed?" He asked, not seeming very genuine. He gave a few nods, and eye rolls.

You tapped him on the shoulder, and he twirled around to be face to face with you.

"Oop, hey, let me call you back. Other sad teens waiting, you know!" He closed the phone, hanging up the call before the caller could respond. "Heeeey, [Y/N]! What brings you here?"

"Hey, Gandhi. Uhm...aren't you supposed to be working the hotline at school?" You questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. I forwarded all the calls to my cell phone! Don't worry." He patted your shoulder, which you gently brushed off.

"Alright. I actually came over to ask you-"

"Hey, everybody! It's me, Abe!" The tall clone announced, which fell to deaf ears. He paused, and went on. "Hey, everybody! It's a keg of beer!"

There were wild cheers, and everybody ran over to get some alcohol.

"Oh, well then. Nevermind." You went to make your way back to JFK, but Gandhi stopped you.

"Woah, woah! Where you going, man? Don't you wanna spend some time with G-Dog?" He gave a pouty look. You looked over a JFK, who was too busy feeling up Cleo anyways.

"Uh...sure." You smiled, gaining one from Gandhi as well.

"Aw yeah!" He raised his hand for a high-five, which you supplied him. "Let me get us some drinks. I'll be right back." He winked, and snapped his fingers.

You stood awkwardly until he came back, red solo cups in each hand. He handed one to you.

"Here you are, complementary of Abe." He gave a chuckled, and took a sip from his cup.

"Thanks." You took a sip yourself, only to recoil at the foul taste. Ugh, non-alcoholic beer. Who knew you could make something as bad tasting as beer, even worst tasting?

Gandhi's phone buzzed, and he quickly took the call. He turned his back, which gave you an opportunity to pour your drink out. While doing so, you could see many of your fellow students becoming unruly. Some even discarding their clothes. Once Gandhi was done with his call, he returned his attention to you.

"Sorry, these depressed kids just don't have anything better to do." He grunted a bit.

"Maybe you should take a break. I'm sure Joan won't notice. Plus, giving advice under the influence is never good." You advised.

"You are so right! I'll just silence my phone, that way I won't be bothered!" Gandhi exclaimed. "You're a life saver, [Y/N]!"

"Don't mention it." You felt a bit awkward hanging with Gandhi, but it would be rude to bail now. "How about we chill in JFK's living room? There's probably less nudity there. ... Probably."

"Aw, but we'll miss all the good stuff!" Right as he said that, some drunk chick came over and vomited all over his shoes. "Ok, yeah, let's go." He spoke, irritation radiating off of him. You couldn't help but giggle, which gained you a glare from
Gandhi.

Once inside, you offered to clean his shoes, seeing as you knew JFK's place well enough. He thanked you, and you both headed off to the bathroom.

You got some supplies like gloves, cleaner, etc, etc. Gandhi took off his shoes, handing them to you. You started to rinse them first.

As you worked, Gandhi watched.

"Sorry that I got you cleaning those." He rubbed his neck nervously.

"Eh, it's fine. Don't sweat it." You began to scrub the remaining filth from the shoes. "Say, why did you want me to hang out with you so bad?"

"Huh? Oh. Did I seem that desperate?" Gandhi bit the inside of his cheek.

"A little." You chuckled.

"Sheesh. Well, I don't know. You just seemed cool. I've seen you around, but never really could find the means to talk to you." He smiled. "Kinda thought you were too cool for me."

"Whaaat? Nah, dude! Just because I hang out with JFK and Cleo, doesn't mean I'm 'cool'. They just have me around to do things for them."

"And you put up with it?" He gave a skeptical look.

"Having the status keeps assholes off my back." You reassured him.

"Woah, clever guy." He gave a nod.

You finished cleaning off his shoes. "They're gonna need some time to dry." You put them in a bag for him.

"Thanks." He took the bag. "How about we ditch this place? We could hang at the park or something..." Gandhi nervously looked down.

"Sure, I'd like that." And you weren't lying. Maybe you were warming up to this guy.

"Buuuut....I can't really walk without shoes." He gave you puppy eyes. You sighed, and kneeled for him to climb onto your back. He did just so.

"Onward, my noble steed!" He gave you a light kick to the side.

"Do not push your luck." You growled.

"Haha, ok."

And off you two went, before Joan could find out about Ghandi's little switcharoo with the hotline. But don't worry, he'll hear an earful the next day.
____________________________________

A/N: Gandhi x male Reader, with addition to Gandhi not humiliating Van Gogh, requested by @RabbitsNRabies. Sorry if this seemed rushed, or a little incoherent with mistakes and such. Been writing these stories in the AMs, as sleep has not been coming easy to me!
Anyways, I apologize for rambling, I hope you enjoyed this silly story!