9 - Together, A Lot

The sun barely rose over the mountains looming over the college, grazing the sky in a faint blue and pink. Through the curtains of her window, the gentle rays of the morning sun touched her eyelids, flinching before forcing them open.

Once again, her dreams were flooded with unknown memories, things she still couldn't remember. Within the last two months, all of her friends had commented on her sleeping habits, and how easy it was for her to find a comfortable place and lay her head to rest.

She wasn't sure why, but every time she closed her eyes and drifted off into a world of dreams, she would see nothing but faint and quick flashes of what she assumed were her memories. Unlike Finger, who had dreams of the most random things that made no sense, or Johann who slept peacefully with nothing disturbing his mind in his slumber.

Her tutoring sessions with Johann had become frequent, much to many of the girls' dismay. But Y/N never once got the feeling that Johann was treating her any different than he would if he were tutoring anyone else. She had just asked for his help personally, and he was glad to offer his academic advice.

Y/N had never thought of it before, but after her dream she had just woken up from, she wondered if Johann would know anything about it. After all, he had used the same skill before.

Blood Rage.

A vision of a blond boy with thick-framed glasses appeared in her head, the same gold gust of wind surrounding him as his icy blue eyes turned golden. The same as when she used it during the dragon invasion event, and when Johann used it during the same time. She had noticed, unlike herself and the mystery boy in her head, that Johann did not develop dragon-like scales on his body once using the skill. She wondered if, just like his academic skills, he was also extremely skilled in using Blood Rage.

She hadn't heard of anyone else in the college to use it besides him.

But she was already asking so much of him, as he was already helping her get caught up with her grades and tutoring her on dragon genealogy and all the sorts. She wondered if he'd be swamped with tasks if she were to ask him to teach her more about Blood Rage.

While all these thoughts rummaged around in her head, her phone pinged on her nightstand.

Ping!

Ping!

Ping!

After the third ping, Y/N wondered who in the world was messaging her so early in the morning, when classes haven't even started yet. She rolled over onto her side and picked up her phone, the person in question was none other than the Scarlet Witch, Nono.

It was a group chatting thread, which included Nono, Y/N, and Susie.

Nono:

5:22 am - Hey girls!

5:22 am - Do you both have plans for lunch?

5:23 am - If not, let's meet up! We'll have a girl's lunch today!

Despite Nono's tendency to spam text, Y/N hadn't seen her or Susie in a few days, so she figured it'd be a nice chance to meet up and get together. Maybe she'd ask for their advice on what she should do regarding her visions and Blood Rage.

But for whatever reason, Susie was never fond of Y/N and Johann spending time together.

-

"So Caesar hasn't calmed down with the wedding planning I see,"

Susie took a sip of her bottled Oolong tea, her faint English accent trailed off as she quietly cleared her throat.

Nono sighed, "I get it, he's excited, but I just agreed to marry him. I wouldn't exactly say I'm ready for it yet,"