13 - Sometimes You Need To Fight

"I see you still haven't chosen a club to join,"

Y/N pulled away from the bookshelf and turned her gaze around, surprised to see Caesar standing just a few feet away.

She smiled, "Not yet, I haven't had time to submit any paperwork. Plus, Lionheart and the Student Union both have great benefits, or so I've heard,"

Hearing this, Caesar chuckled. "Luminous is a member of the Student Union now," he said, "as a fellow S-Rank, you should also join, it makes sense,"

She turned her whole body around to face the older boy, books clutched between her chest and arms. "Why do you want me to join so badly?" she questioned.

He let out a huff, his hands placed confidently on his hips. "I was surprised to meet Luminous, the first S-Rank I've encountered. So I never thought I'd meet another one, a female S-rank, no less,"

Y/N raised a brow, "Are female S-Ranks rare?"

"Being S-Rank, in general, is extremely rare. I mean no offense, but even A-Rank females are a minority,"

Y/N hummed in thought. She'd never made a big deal about being S-Rank before, and still, she didn't see how having a higher rank made her any more valuable than someone else.

"So, is it just that I'm S-Rank that you want me to join the Student Union?" she asked Caesar, who shook his head in denial.

"Not at all," he answered, "but I've learned quite a bit about you. From observation and other means. Fortunately, unlike Luminous, you are S-Rank in every way I can think,"

He stuffed his hands in his pant pockets casually, giving Y/N even more words of encouragement. "You owe it to yourself to put your skills to good use, after all. So you should be more confident in your rank,"

"I'll keep that in mind," she smiled up at him.

"And I owe you," he said, which brought her brows to pull together in confusion. Caesar had noticed her surprise, "You saved Nono, during the invasion drill, and so I still owe you for that,"

Upon hearing his explanation, Y/N laughed lightly. "You don't owe me anything," she assured, "I promise, I won't hold you to having a debt with me,"

Caesar chuckled, "Very well then," he nodded at her, "then allow me to be a trusted comrade in battle. I'll lend a hand to help whenever you need it,"

He glanced down briefly at the books in her arms, the titles suddenly catching his interest. "Are you researching something with those books?"

Y/N looked down at the few books in her arms, as if she had forgotten they were there in the first place. She nodded, "Yeah, I had another vision,"

"So I've heard," Caesar mumbled. He didn't have the heart to tell her that Nono had already searched through those books for the same reason, and found nothing. They were simply books charting the harsh, icy winters of Russia.

Y/N tilted her head to the side, "Do you know anything about Russia? Johann told me it snows quite a bit there,"

Caesar nodded briefly, "Nono mentioned to me you were having odd dreams, they're all of winter, right?"

She nodded in agreement. "Every time,"

"You know," he suggested, walking past her to the shelf behind her. He scanned the wall in search of another book Nono had been looking through. When he found the right one, he grabbed it with one satisfying pull. "If you want a book about snow, I would give this a read,"

He handed the book to Y/N its hardcover was cold against her fingertips. "Siberia Harbor?" she questioned as she stared down at the book.

Caesar watched her facial expressions, for any clue or any sign that something may have come back to her, but nothing. She only looked at it curiously.