58 - Until I Met You

Even after the events of Christmas, the passengers of the Yamal still hungered for dancing and music and alcohol. The night after the Christmas party the staff of the luxury cruise ship set up the grand hall with more decorations, queued the live band and choir, and had already set up the tables lined with soft linen and napkins folded like blooming flowers.

Johann's dark suit jacket hugged him tightly, an outfit EVA had the pleasure of choosing for him. But much to his dismay, while he wasn't as muscularly toned as White Wolf he still prided himself in his physique. Apparently, so did the women glancing at him all throughout the dance floor.

Just like the night before, Johann's only goal was to reach the bar and sit in peace, soaking in the music and lights while he remained a mere spectator.

That being said, Johann stopped in his tracks when he caught a glimpse of a familiar figure in front of him—clad in a straight, black seaman's uniform that very clearly outlined his form and authority as "captain" of the ship. The familiar edges of his sharp, hollowed cheekbones and his slicked-back brown hair.

Sasha Rybalko grinned charismatically at the group of passengers surrounding him with respect and appeal—the tightness of his suit glued to his chest and he wondered if he got close enough to Sasha if the women staring at him would avert their gazes to the man who was much more buff.

Johann treaded through the crowd swinging and swaying along with the music, sweat glistening beneath the golden chandeliers, and as Johann approached Sasha he was surprised to see a woman latched onto his arm.

Her features were as dark and dazzling as the scarlet dress hugging her slender body, but she looked much too young to be rubbing her palms against Sasha's chest. The man was easily in his early forties, while the young woman looked only a few years above Johann's age—and he was only 22.

But he could not comment or judge Sasha's taste in women, however many he intended on sleeping with. After all, Sasha insisted that throughout all his affairs of one-night stands, Anna was his one true love.

Nonetheless, Johann halted his steps and listened to Sasha whisper sweet nothings into the woman's ear—his voice was sultry and insinuated that he wanted to escape the lights into a more private setting for the two of them. Of course, Johann could hear her giggle and agree with his offer.

He watched Sasha excuse himself from the group as he slapped the woman's behind and the two of them exited the hall with suggestive smiles. Johann could only sigh at Sasha's hypocrisy. He remembered Sasha professing his undying love to his ex-wife, affectionate and eyes full of passion—yet he still allowed himself the pleasures of insignificant relationships and affairs.

Going back to his previous plan in hopes that no woman would approach him in hopes of going back to his bedroom, Johann finally made his way to the bar.

And again, like Christmas night, the crowd began cheering and singing as a familiar scent of cypress filled the room.

When he turned his gaze, lips on the tip of his glass—this time filled with aged whiskey—Johann caught sight of Reginleif once more. Stealing the hearts of the single men in the room, making the other women sneer at her playful elegance.

Tonight Reginleif wore a satin backless pink dress that ruffled and flared around her mid-thigh and the straps on her shoulders were thin and seemed a little too loose—but the daze in her eyes made it seem like she intended for them to be so.

And it was like a repeat of Christmas night, where she surrounded herself with boys and drank and sang with her heart—Johann had to praise her singing voice as it drastically outshined the choir.