41 - Obsidian Will Shine Brighter Than Diamonds Beneath The Pale Moon

Notes
This chapter contains mature/explicit content. DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL CONTENT INCLUDING: sexual thoughts about minors. Please read at your own discretion.

This chapter is 10k words. Ten thousand words. I'm so sorry, I just wanted to fit everything into one chapter before we get to our final chapter of this arc :'), but I hope you enjoy it.

-

When Anjou met Y/N for the first time, everything in him knew that she would be different from the rest of the hybrids at Cassell College. From the second she stood on the plate where she was deemed an S-Rank with very little stability over her powers, her newest addition brought forth a sense of clarity for him. He took instant and great fascination in her instability and her corrupt past.

He was both cunning and ruthless, truth be told he had known about the whole ordeal at Black Swan Bay before the bombing even took place. The only regret he had was that he hadn't taken the time to find the research lab first.

So one could imagine his pleasant surprise when a lab rat from Black Swan Bay fell right onto his doorstep.

He didn't believe in fate. He believed in circumstances made from split-second choices in dire situations. Taking in an unstable hybrid from Siberia was his risk to take.

And then, Y/N failed to respond to Imperium—one of the most powerful Extra Skills known to both man-kind and dragon-kind.

Among all the fickle twists and turns of life, both the expected and unexpected, there was a single prophecy in which one who would not answer to Imperium's call would be the key to destroying the king himself.

Perhaps fate was testing his belief, for this was the one moment he accepted that it wasn't just coincidence that she happened upon Cassell College.

For the first time, Anjou believed that fate had meant for that to happen.

But the only thing that would deter him from that belief, was the scenario unfolding before him now.

Caesar, Luminous, and Finger barged in with frantic breaths and panicked eyes, like they had just witnessed the most frightening sight in their lives.

This is all too pathetic. Anjou could feel his chest swelling with pitiful laughter, a hysterical sense to calm his nerves.

Utterly amusing.

The words spilling from Caesar's lips were like icicles falling down and piercing through every inch of his body.

"She's gone, Principal,"

With a bated breath, Caesar furrowed his brow in deep concern, chest heaving, and his blue eyes watched for any change in Anjou's demeanor.

They would've much preferred their principal to go off the rails with panic and fury, but seeing him seething in place with an eerie smile twisting up on his lips made them all want to flee and hide under their beds.

For a moment, Anjou wanted to laugh and berate Caesar and the others for making such a sick joke. Even if it was true, surely Y/N was reasonable enough to see that their cause was for the greater good?

Even with that thought, Anjou chuckled to himself and brought his gloved hand to his forehead.

This was exactly why he warned them all to refrain from telling her the truth.