𝑷𝒆𝒌𝒌𝒂 𝑹𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒔

I wake with bruises sprouting over my ribs and arm. I sigh and pull on a long sleeve training suit rather than the short sleeve. The suit hugs my body tightly. I secure my best coat over the top and buckle my holsters in. I place two matte black pistols on my thighs and two black and gold daggers at my waist. I stash my throwing knives in sheaths at my arms and around my hip. 

I go into the basement of the granjetier and find Kaz waiting for me. I give him a smile before going over to the real training space with targets. I set up the pulley system quickly before stepping on the plate.

"How is this supposed to work?" Kaz asks, stepping beside me.

"Want to see it in action?" I ask. Kaz motions for me to go for it.

I smile giddily and pull the lever beside me. An attacker jumps from the rafters and brandishes a knife. I roll on my shoulder and throw my knife. The blade sails through the man and the dummie falls before Kaz and my feet. I gaze past Kaz and see a man with a gun. I roll and tilt the dummy's body up to shield myself before I throw my knife and the dummy fake weapon drops. I grab my bow from my shoulder and presume a defensive stance on my knee. The dummies crumple quickly as I rapid-fire arrows into each of their heads. My breath becomes pants, and my arms burn. As the Pulley clicks to signal the end, I stand.  I smile and retrieve my arrows and knife from around the space before exiting.

I see the whole group standing at the door in awe. I give them an arrogant grin as I stand my bow on a rack on the far wall. I walk back over, and they are watching me. I turn to Kaz who stands on the plate still, displaying his usual cocky grin.

"Why didn't you tell us you could shoot a bow?" Inej asks.

"It never came up in conversation," I say, resetting the pully system.

"And what is this? This thing is amazing." Wylan says, stroking the pulley system's ropes.

"It is a pulley system set to release the Dimmues at random times. I use it for practice or when I'm bored and don't have meetings." I say. "So who wants to use it first?" I ask the group. Everyone but Kaz's hand shoots up.

I have Inej go first and she skillfully leaps from the rafters over to her targets before silently killing them. Inej does this for a while before the simulation ends.

"Have you ever thought of a head-on approach?" I ask Inej.

"Not really. My use is stealth." I nod.

"Can you go again but this time, with these. To head-on attacks. No hiding, stay in the circle." I hand her a pair of supposed Grisha bone daggers in the shape of a crescent moon. 

This time she takes on the attackers head-on and she does an amazing job. She swings and throws her knives. Soon she finds that the knives I gave her come back. She smiles as she catches and throws the daggers. I end the program and she comes out panting and glowing.

"Good job, you did well." I pat her on the shoulder and direct her to the water. "Who's next."

Everyone goes at least twice. I get them in to see their skills then take them out for tips or something to change. I had to teach Nina how to wield a dagger since dummies don't have hearts. Kaz used his cane and a pistol and he held his own well. Matthias focused on hand-to-hand combat and a shotgun. Wylan was good with bombs but I put him in with a sword and he's no good. Knives were a fail. The bow was a fail. But he was alright with a revolver so we stuck with that. After a few rounds, he was doing good so I let Jesper in. Jesper was in heaven. He moved in a melody with his revolvers that I don't think I could master. As Jesper finishes his round Inej sneaks behind me.

"That's how you look when you fight."

"What?" I ask.

"You almost seem to glow." She stands next to me and we watch Jesper whoop and holler. "You'll be good use in the Ice Court."

"Oh, I'm not coming with you guys to the ice court."

"What. I thought you talked to Kaz. He said you were coming."

"I can't just leave all of this for someone to steal. It's all I have."

"You have us." She says with a smile.

"Thank you Inej. I've worked too hard, I can't leave it defenseless."

"The Dregs will help watch over." She tries convincing me.

"How can you be sure?"

"Because if they don't, I'll slit per Haskell's throat myself." We share a laugh.

"Okay, you all did well today. Tomorrow you have free to go about your business but I want to see you all here Thursday." They all whoop and holler as they climb the stairs to the bar.

"Thank you for training them, Emris." Kaz thanks me as he leaves. I check my watch and see that I have a business veering in five minutes.

I get ready in a black suit and red lipstick. My eyes are painted with black and gold powders. I wait in my professional office for my client. I spin a dagger on my finger as the man walks in the door.

"Good evening, Blade." The man says taking a seat.

"Good evening, Pekka Rollins," I say with a sly grin.

Word Count: 957