Eternal Love

The years go by in a blur. Rollins never returned, I sent the wraith to do that for me. She didn't kill him but she did scare him off. Inej has aged like the rest of us. At thirty she still hunts the dreaded slavers that rot our world.

Wylen and Jesper made their life living together in the large VanEck establishment. Jan VanEck rots in jail. Nina lives in Ravka. And I'm as happy as I've ever been.

As our names are scribbled beside each other we smile. My heart swells with happiness as Kaz takes my face in his hands. His lips softly brush mine in a tender kiss.

"I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. Retfeild." There is no applause as the church is empty of anyone but me and Kaz and the priest. Our friends will be informed of our marriage but nothing further. The barrel will know we are married when I flaunt my black diamond. This is enough, this will always be enough.

I smile and sigh as we gaze into the night sky atop the church. The stars shine brightly, as though they're joyful of our marriage.

"What would you like to celebrate with, Mrs. Brekker." I smile at the new name. Arcane is gone and I'm glad.

"I just want to be with you." I smile and look at him. We lay on the church roof hands together watching the stars.

"I just want to kiss you." He says. I smile and brace my hands on either side of him. I lean over him. I lower myself where our noses brush.

"Are you sure?" I tease.

"More sure than anything."

"What if I don't wanna."

"Then this."

In one swift movement, he has me pinned beneath him. He laughs softly as he presses his lips against mine. I melt into him as fire spreads over my body like a wildfire. My hands tangle in his growing raven locks. Kaz lowers himself to his elbows before cradling my head with his fingers. He breaks the kiss for breath and I smile as he leaves a kiss trail down my throat.

"I love you Emris Retfeild." He says between kisses.

"I love you Kaz Retfeild." I giggle as his hands graze my waist.

"Ah, ticklish?"

"No." I protest but he doesn't care. His fingers ravage my body like a rat for food. Fits of laughs rack my chest and I curl around him. "No." I screech. He picks me up and spins me around the roof. Better than tickles. He sets me down and pulls me close.

"Dance with me?" I nod and he takes my waist and hand and spins me around the roof till the sun kisses the surface. Music from nearby bars full our ears.

He gently rests me down on the rooftop. The golden glow of the dying sun never looked so beautiful on his rosy cheeks. His eyes are alight. More than I have ever seen of him shines through now.

His hand tucks a strand of hair behind my ear before pulling me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck. One hand circles my waist and the other holds my chin gently.

"My heart is yours, Emris Retfeild." My heart warms. "Please don't ever give it back to me."

"Never darling."

Emris Retfeild. Hmm, I like the sound of that.

AN

Thank you all so much for reading this. I was so hesitant to write here but after my first chapter, I knew I had to keep going. This has been so fun to recreate the Six of Crows trilogy with my own little twist. Let me know what I should write again and thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. :)