two

I walk through the woods, finding a large clearing, sitting in the middle as I do, curling in on myself. I sigh, watching my breath billow out like a cloud. I can hear footsteps as I lie back, staring up at the sky, taking deep breaths. "Are you okay?" A gruff voice asks. "I'm having a moment," I say, laughing slightly. "What type of moment?" He wonders. "One of those main character moments. You know, where they just lie back and stare at the sky. I'm just missing the someone to do it with." I laugh again, sitting up to see who I'm talking to. "Who are you?" I ask, staring up at him.

"Sam Uley." He sticks a hand out, I carefully take it in my own before lying back again. "You're not an ax murderer, are you?" "Not that I'm aware of." He chuckles. "Good to know." I close my eyes, sighing. "I never got your name." He says. "I'm Alexandria Swan. I prefer Alex." "Okay, Alex, what're you doing so far into the woods, in La Push?" I shrug, looking over at the trees instead of the sky. "My sister is with Jake. I felt like I was intruding." I don't belong here, I almost add. "Bella is with Jacob?" "Yessir." He sighs, nodding. "Do you know anybody in La Push other than Jake?"

"I don't even know anybody in Forks." I shrug. "Wanna meet some people?" He asks as I sit up. "Are any of you ax murderers?" "Not at all." I nod, shrugging. "Okay." I stand, walking closer to him. "You're just gonna agree to follow someone you don't know?" He asks. "You already promised you weren't a murderer," I say, following him as he walks. He laughs, it's loud and uproarious, I like it. "I could've lied." "If you were you'd have killed me by now," I state as I inspect my nails. "That's fair." He shrugs as I fall into step with him. "How many people?" "Three." "Okay."

We walk in silence, my footsteps in time with his. "You're quiet." He says. "There's never been a need for me to talk. Why start now?" I joke despite it hurting. We walk up to a small, homey-looking house and his face lights up as his footsteps speed up. He swings the door open, smiling wider at the woman at the counter. "Emily, there's someone I'd like you to meet." He says as he walks to her, planting kisses down the scars on her face. "This is Alexandria Swan, Bella's sister." He introduces me as two boys walk in, both of them looking me up and down. "It's rude to stare," I state.

"Feisty." The larger boy says as the smaller one snorts, laughing. "Paul, Jared, knock it off. This is Alexandria, Bella Swan's sister." "Are you stupid too?" The large boy asks. "Paul," Sam warns, his voice authoritative. "I'd like to think I'm not," I say, shrugging at the boy which had been named Paul. He and the other boy, Jared, sit at the table, taking muffins from the middle when Emily smacks their hands. "Ladies first, Alexandria?" "Alex." I correct, shaking my head. We sit in silence for a moment before Jared speaks up. "You're quiet." "I said the same thing." Sam states. I shrug.

"As I told Sam, there's never been a need for me to talk, why start now?" I shrug again, carefully sitting at the table. "Never been a need?" Emily asks, holding her hand to her heart. "You guys know Bella apparently, you know how it is. It's always about Bella." I say with yet another shrug. "You're very indifferent about everything," Sam says. "What's it matter? Who actually cares." I state my last question as a statement. "You don't care much." "Not really." My phone rings and Bella flashes across the screen. "Give me just a moment." I step outside, answering the call.

"Something you need?" I ask. "Where are you at? I'm not allowed to leave without you, dad said so." "I'll be back in ten minutes," I say before hanging up. "I've gotta go," I say through the door, hoping they've heard me before starting my walk back. When I arrive at Jake's they come out, Bella glaring at me. "Where were you?" She snaps. "I met Sam Uley and his friends." I shrug. "Stay away from Uley." Jake seethes, also glaring at me now. "Will do," I say, knowing I would because I wouldn't be coming back out to La Push. Just like Forks, La Push is better off without me.

The ride home is silent. As soon as I'm inside I go up to my bedroom, lying on the floor again. This isn't a main character moment, this is a 'the world revolves around Bella and I need a moment' moment. Charlie comes home, I can hear him walking around downstairs, asking how Bella's day went as she cooks dinner. My eyes well up with tears, an action I've been pushing down since Renee told me I was moving. Against every instinct, tears silently drop to the floor. There's a knock on my door but it never opens. "Alexandria, have you eaten?" "I'm okay," I say, staring at the ceiling.