six

Embry wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me over to the table. I squeal when his fingers slide over my stomach, his calloused skin against mine. "Sorry." He whispers, smirking. My face goes red as he pulls me into his lap at the table. Emily smiles at me, winking before wrapping her arms around Sam. Embry starts to eat, handing me small pieces of the muffin as he does, without realizing, I eat half. He smiles, setting his hands on my waist, fingers digging in slightly. The following day dad wakes me up, telling me I've skipped enough school and I have to go.

I text Embry, telling him I'll be busy but when Bella and I pull up at the school I see Embry leaned against his truck, girls staring at him as they walk past, my jealousy spikes but he never looks at a single one of them. I quickly walk over to him, grabbing his face. "Kiss me," I smirk. His arms wrap around my waist as he leans down, kissing me aggressively. I pull back after a moment, scanning the people around me to find a few girls scowling. I smirk again and turn back to Embry. "I gotta get to class," I say quietly, not wanting to but knowing I have to. Angela runs over, grabbing my arm and yanking me away from Embry. "Gotta go."

He smiles, kissing my forehead before leaving in his truck. Angela squeals as Bella and the rest of her friends walk over. "Who is he?" She asks quickly. "Just a friend." I shrug, watching Embry's truck pull out of the parking lot. "Friends don't make out in school parking lots," Jessica says. My face goes red and I shrug. "We weren't making out. It was just a kiss." I shrug again. "You were totally making out." "Shove it, Jessica," I smirk when her eyes narrow at me. My phone buzzes as I walk away. Embry texted. 'Just a friend?' I sigh. 'You know we're just friends.'

Angela meets up with me at lunch, pulling me to her table. "Okay, so who's the guy? Seriously." She says as Jessica groans, rolling her eyes. "He's genuinely just a friend." I shrug until Embry walks into the room, Jake following him. Said boys walk to our table, going to their respective friends. Embry pulls me up before setting me in his lap. "Hey, the school said we had to leave when lunch was over but I wanted to see you again," Embry says, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. "So, Alex, what's your boyfriend's name?" Jessica smirks. "Not her boyfriend."

Embry defends too quickly. "His name is Embry, that's Jake," I say, as Jessica smirks again. "If he's not your boyfriend what's he doing here?" "He's a friend who came to visit me during lunch." I shrug as Embry sets his chin on my shoulder, his lips grazing my skin causing my face to go red. I look over at Jake and Bella to find them at a different table, talking amongst themselves. "Okay then," Jessica says, her voice disbelieving as she drops her food to her tray. "We're just friends, Jessica, so back off." I stand, pulling Embry with me, walking out of the cafeteria.

"I'm really sorry about Jessica. It's just how she is." I shrug, looking down at our intertwined hands. "It's no problem, this just means I got you alone." He smirks, pushing the hair off my neck, his fingers just barely touching my skin. "Embry." My face goes red as I push his hands away. He drops his hands to either side of my head as he steps closer, making my back flat against the wall. "What? Do I make you nervous?" He whispers, leaning down to my height. "Hey, none of that." A teacher scolds, walking past. Embry laughs as I push his hands down, sulking away from him.

"Hey, come on, you know I was just kidding." He says, grabbing my hips. "Andria." "You made me look stupid." My face goes red again, thinking about how close he was, how close his lips were. "You looked embarrassed, not stupid." He says, smirking again, hands tightening their hold on me. The bell rings and people start flooding out of the classrooms, staring at me and Embry. Said boy throws me over his shoulder, running down the hallway to the doors. "Embry! We're literally in school!" I laugh, smacking his back. "Not anymore." He says, walking us to his truck.

"You should ditch." He prompts as he sets me down on my feet, pressing me against his truck. "I can't. I promised Charlie." I shrug. "Fine." He groans, leaning down toward me. "But Emily sure is gonna miss you." He leans closer. "And I," Closer still, his lips almost against mine. "I'm definitely gonna miss you." My arms slink around his neck, pulling him to me. He slams his lips onto mine, his fingers curling in my shirt, pulling me closer. We pull back for air, staring up at each other. "I gotta get to class," I whisper, not actually wanting to go. "I know." He sighs, stepping away from me.