three

For a week, Bella and I went out to Jake's every day, Embry came over most and if he didn't, we texted the entire time. "Alexandria!" I look up quickly, finding Bella glaring at me. "I've been saying your name for five minutes! Do you want something to eat? Jake and I are going to get pizza." I shake my head, looking back at my phone. "Dad says you have to eat." "I'll eat later. I'm not hungry right now." I shrug, continuing to text Embry. Then he asks the one question that makes me want to smash my phone. 'Have you eaten today?' The text reads. I sigh, immediately responding that I have.

Embry spells everything out now that I explained I thought abbreviations made it seem like people didn't care. It made me smile when I noticed. Embry seems like the type of person I could fall in love with one day. I'm not saying he's the one but if there is 'the one' then they're like Embry. My phone buzzes and Embry flashes across the screen. I quickly answer, smiling as I do. "Hey, Andria, do you wanna go for a walk?" He asks but I hear his voice double. I stand, walking to the sound of his voice and opening the garage door. "I'm not sure," I state, watching him jump in surprise.

He turns to me, wrapping me in a hug before quickly pulling back. It makes me freeze and stare up at him. "Sorry." "No, it's, I didn't expect it. Sorry." He smiles, looking down at me before carefully pulling me into a hug. His arms are tight around my waist as I drop mine around his neck. We stand wrapped in each other for a moment then he pulls back. "Let's go for a walk." He smiles wider, taking my hand and leading me into the woods. Both of my hands hold his as we walk to the clearing. We sit in the middle as he picks small flowers, setting them on my knees as he starts to talk.

"So, you gonna tell me why you're so quiet?" He asks. "You still wanna know?" "Yeah. You talk so much with me." My face goes red and just as I'm about to apologize he talks again. "I like hearing your voice, I wanna know why you don't talk." I shrug, sighing. "Okay." I start. "Because of Bella. I mean, when you've got a sister that talks all the time, there's rarely ever a chance to get a word in. And when you do you're ridiculed for talking too much." I pick the petals off a flower aggressively as I talk. "I'm sorry." He says, setting his hand on my knee, smiling at me causing me to smile.

"It's not your fault," I say, looking up at him. He carefully raises his hand, pushing hair behind my ear. His hand stays for a moment, his thumb running across my cheek before he pulls it down. "Sorry." "No, it's okay." I smile wider, looking down at my hands. He gently lifts my head, making me look at him before my phone rings. Bella flashes across the screen. I answer and she immediately starts to get angry. "I told you not to leave Jake's. Even if Embry got here you weren't supposed to leave, get back here." "Okay." "Enough with the okays, get back here." I nod. "Okay."

She growls before hanging up. "We gotta go," I say quietly as I stand. "That's okay, come on." He reaches a hand out after standing, smiling when I take it, leading me back to Jake's. Bella growls at me when she sees me walk in, both of my hands gripping Embry's tightly. "I'm sorry," I say, looking down. Embry steps over to stand in front of me completely, his hand still holding mine. "I didn't know she was supposed to stay, it's my fault." He walks me to the couch, keeping his body between me and Bella the entire time, even when we sit. I smile slightly, keeping my hold on his hand as he smiles.

Jake looks at us, smiling before turning to Bella. "So they're almost ready, are you?" He asks her. "I mean, I guess. Alexandria, are you ready? You're gonna ride one, right?" I shrug but Embry quickly shakes his head. "No, she's not." "Yes, I am." I push his shoulder. "No." "Embry." I huff. He turns to me. "It's not safe." He growls. "Fine." I snap, looking back at Jake and Bella who ignored our exchange, talking quietly amongst themselves. I sigh as Embry stands. "I'll be back." He says but his tone is clipped. I immediately grab his hand, almost flinching away at how warm he is.