eighteen

After Bella and Edward leave, my phone rings with a call from Jacob. I answer as I lie in bed with Embry, his arms around my waist as his head rests on my stomach. He grumbles angrily when my ringtone nearly wakes him up. "Jake, hey, what the hell? Where did you go? Why'd you run?" I ask quickly as I sit up slightly, my other hand carefully running through Embry's shaggy hair to lull him back to sleep. "Don't play stupid with me, Alexandria. Do you know what she's planning with him? What she's going to do?" Jake's voice snarls at me through the phone. "Honestly, it's none of your concern, Jacob. It doesn't matter what she's doing on her honeymoon. With her husband. Let it go." "Let it go? You're an idiot if you think she'll live through that." 

"Jacob. I'm not telling you again, leave it be. It's none of your business." He growls when I speak again. I roll my eyes, carefully removing myself from Embry's grasp and going downstairs and outside so I don't wake him. "Listen, just because you can live through having sex with a wolf doesn't mean she'll live through having sex with a vampire!" He shouts at me so loudly that I have to move the phone from my ear because it hurts. "Okay, listen, if you don't calm down, I'm hanging up." I threaten just before his truck pulls sharply into the driveway, shutting off before he climbs out, slamming his door. "Go ahead. I'm right here." He hisses. "Jacob, what the hell is your problem, dude?" I glare up at him, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"My problem is the Swan girls thinking they can do anything they want and get away with it like they're fucking invincible." He steps toward me threateningly. "You're think you're big and bad because you're having sex with Embry and you've got every wolf under your control like you're a fucking siren. You speak and everyone listens. Not me. Not anymore." He growls, stepping closer once more. I put my hands on his chest, keeping him an arms length away until he pushes my arms down and shoves me against the house, the collar of Embry's shirt in his fists as my feet leave the ground when he lifts me. I gasp, grabbing at his wrists. "You know what she's doing and you're allowing it? After what Embry did to you? Huh?" He drops me to the ground. 

When I recover from the landing, I look up at him, propping myself on my elbows. He grabs my jaw and shoves my hair away from my neck, exposing the bite mark buried deep in the crook of where my neck and shoulder meet. "Claiming you like a piece of fucking meat. Do you know what that means, huh? Do you know what these mean? Do you understand what he's done to you, Alex? You couldn't walk away from him even if you wanted to!" His hand pushes the shirt above my hips. More, smaller, bite marks and simple bruises from being held too tightly are buried into my skin over my hips and the upper inside of my thighs. "You did the stupidest thing you could ever do and you didn't even know it! Did he tell you? Did he warn you, huh?!"

"Jacob, what are you talking about? You're babbling on like a madman!" I try to push myself away from him, quickly covering myself up again as I do. "Me?! I'm the madman?! Go wake up your mate and ask him what the bite mark means. Ask him what he's done to you." He grabs my upper arm, lifting me and dragging me back into Embry's house and up the stairs to his room. He shoves me into the room after slamming the door open so loudly that it wakes Embry. "Ask him." Jake orders. "Ask him about the bite." Embry hears the word 'bite' and immediately pales, looking like he's gonna hurl right then and there. My brows furrow deeply, in confusion and anger. He knows what he did and he didn't tell me. "Andria, please, hear me out-"

"Tell me what you've done, Embry." I stop him from coming any closer when he stands, nervously running a hand through his hair. "I claimed you, Andria. You love me. And I love you. And I thought then would've been the best time. We were doing everything we needed to let me lay claim to you further." "What the fuck? The imprint wasn't enough for you? You had to claim me too?" I shout at him angrily but the longer I looked at him, the less severe that anger seemed to be. "Look at what it's done to you, Alex. He stripped you of your own emotions just because you're looking at him." I knew what Jacob was doing. I also knew why he was doing it. I turn on my heel, jabbing my finger at his chest angrily. "Stay out of it, mutt." I hiss furiously.

I had never used 'mutt' against any of the boys as an insult until just now but Jacob deserved it. He was trying to drive a wedge between me and Embry. "Get out." I snarl, shoving him toward the door. "No. He didn't even ask you. Didn't tell you. Didn't even warn you." I shove him again before grabbing his arm and dragging him out and down the stairs. I slam the front door in his face, hissing at him to leave through the wood. I walk back upstairs, setting my hips on my hips as I look at Embry. His expression shows how truly sorry he is for what he's done. "Why?" It's the only word I could get past my lips but it asks everything I wanted to. "I love you, Andria." He whispers, lowering to his knees and crawling to me slowly. He almost looks like a predator. 

Sounds funny to say the wolf-boy looks like a big cat but his shoulder blades rise and fall like a tiger walking through his habitat, stalking it's next meal carefully. It's nearly primal looking. He shifts when he reaches my feet, he straightens, sitting back on his knees with his hands on his spread thighs. He looks up at me, one hand reaching out and wrapping around the back of my thigh, thumb gently rubbing the skin. Goosebumps raise beneath his touch. "Let me show you how sorry I am, baby." He mumbles as his other hand takes mine, lifting it to his lips. He presses kisses to the back of my hand, then my knuckles. He turns it over, kissing my palm then up my wrist. Whatever self control or anger I had, completely disappears as I look down at him. 

"Come on, gorgeous, are you still mad at me?" He asks softly, nipping at my wrist. It's not enough to leave marks or hurt but enough to keep my attention on him. "I did it for us, Andria. You won't have to worry about vampires anymore. You'll smell like me to everyone who can smell it. You'll always be protected." He whispers, his hand on the back of my thigh moves to the front and up, wrapping around my hip. I lift my free hand, running it through his hair to push it from his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?" "It was a split decision. I wasn't thinking. You were so warm and your head was back and I sunk my teeth in before I could stop myself." His fingers lovingly caress my skin as he presses his forehead to my stomach. "I'm truly sorry, Andria."

I sigh, continuing to run my hand through his hair before my hand fists in it, pulling his head back to force him to look up at me. "If you do anything like that again, I'll kick your ass. Do you understand me?" He nods quickly, his eyes locking on mine. "I understand." "Good. Because I'm serious. I could hurt you in ways you never imagined. Now get up." I let his hair go, stepping away from his hands. He nods, standing and grabbing me carefully. He presses a kiss to my forehead before lifting my chin and kissing me. I sigh, closing my eyes as I kiss back. He holds me close to him, his hand slipping to the back of my head. "I love you." He whispers against my lips. I pull away, looking up at him. "I love you too, mutt." He laughs, picking me up, taking me to bed.

We lay down again, his fingers tracing the bite mark in the crook of my neck. "I gotta admit... you look hot as fuck covered in my markings." He mumbles, biting his lip playfully. "Ah, I don't care how good you looked in you suit today, I will knee you in the balls if you try something. You're not getting anything until I decide when I'm not upset with anymore." I point at him sternly. "Of course, babe. You're the boss." He kisses my forehead, pulling me closer and stroking my hair. I sigh, looking at his tv playing the movie I had forgotten about earlier. I curl into him, wrapping my arm around him and burying my head in his chest so I could get some sleep. I close my eyes and start to drift as he pets my hair and holds me tightly.