eight

-Alex pov-

I pace my room, my hands trembling as I do. Derek had been here just moments ago, he didn't do anything but I'm afraid of Embry finding out. What if he thinks I lied to him about the Derek situation? The only thing Derek had done was made sure he touched practically everything in my bedroom that he could get his hands on as he walked around, talking to me about how I should've just said yes to his date. How I should drop my 'fake boyfriend' and be with him. Soon enough, I get tired, but I leave my light on, positioning my chair so it sits under my door handle.

I lock my window, pulling the curtains tightly across it before lying in bed, not getting any sleep. The next morning Charlie knocks on my door. "Alex, you've got school." I move my chair, quickly swinging my door open. "But, Derek-" "I've got an officer at the school, if he so much as comes near you, I'll know about it." He says, his hands coming up, not in defense but in hopes to calm me. I sigh, getting dressed and walking downstairs just as someone knocks on the front door. I pull it open, not expecting Embry to be standing there. "Oh, hey." I smile as Charlie walks into the room.

Embry takes a deep breath then his eyes snap right to me. I flinch back slightly before starting to walk upstairs. Embry follows, pushing me into my room and closing my door, sniffing around. "You let him in here? After everything you let him in?" He growls, stepping closer to me, his shoulders shaking. I set my hands on his chest, keeping him an arms length away from me. "Why would I let him in?" I question quietly. "You see, that's the thing I'm not getting. Why would you let him in? Why would you? Unless you lied." He says.

I quickly drop my hands, my heart dropping. "You really think I would- Are you kidding me?" I growl, glaring at him. I push him back. "You're an idiot, Embry." I start to walk out when he grabs my wrist, stopping me. "Andria, I didn't mean it, come on." He sighs, tightening his grip when I go to pull away. I huff, growling at him again. "You're such a jerk. I'm driving myself." I rip my arm away, shoving him away from me. He pushes me against the wall, glaring down at me. "Now hear me out, Alexandria. I never meant it. I'm upset because he was here, marking your room before I did."

He sighs, running his hands down his face. "He was here. In the same room as you. Marking your room. And that really pisses me off." He growls, leaning down toward me. He's got me pushed against the wall, his lips attacking my neck, marking my skin. He carefully pushes back, staring down at me. "You look great." He says, smirking. "I'm supposed to be at school." "Oh, you will be." He grabs my hand, walking me downstairs to an empty house. "Charlie left a few minutes ago." He says, leading me outside and to his truck. "I'll pick you up after." He smirks again as we pull up to the school.

Derek looks over at us after his friend shoves his shoulder, pointing to me. "Embry, I don't wanna go," I whisper. He nods, pulling my face toward his. "I know, baby." He kisses me softly, his hand sitting on the base of my neck, fingers trailing over the marks on my skin. "Go on. Show people who you belong to." He smirks, gently pushing me toward the door. I sigh, jumping out before turning back to him. "Embry-" "I can sit here all day. I'm just a call away." He assures. The day flies by until science comes around. Derek leans over toward me. "So, who's the guy?" "My boyfriend," I say.

"Yeah, okay." He scoffs. "I'm serious." I hiss, looking up at him. "I can tell." He pokes my neck, glaring at me. "What's it matter anyway?" I snap. "Your boyfriend likes to mark what's his, huh?" He smirks. "Turns out, so do I." He leans against me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders before I stand quickly, pushing his arm off me. "You don't touch me." I bark, glaring down at him. The teacher looks at me. "Miss Swan, something you'd like to share with the class?" He glares at me. "I'd like to speak to the officer in the office," I say, straightening up and lifting my chin stubbornly.

"The officer in the office?" "Yessir. He's a friend of my father and is to be told when Derek, here, touches me." I snap. "Touches you?" Derek scoffs. "Sir, my hand was on her chair, not her." He says. The girl across the small aisle raises her hand. "Sir, his arm was around her. He, in fact, touched her twice." The girl defends. "Thank you." I mouth toward her. She nods quickly. "Well, Miss Swan, since you've got the attention of my entire class, I'd like if you'd go to the office." The teacher says, I've never learned his name. I nod, snatching my bag out from under Derek's hands.