nineteen

I woke up in the morning to Embry holding me tightly to him, one hand on my hip, the other buried in my hair. I sigh, carefully removing myself from his hold and grabbing my phone. I go to the bathroom, starting the shower before calling Emily. I knew the water would drown out my words and keep him from being suspicious. I wait impatiently for her to answer. She does so with a sleepy voice. "Emily, hey, I need to talk to you." Though Embry's asleep and I have water running, I still need to be quiet. "What's going on?" I can hear in her voice that shes entirely awake now. "I'll be over in twenty. Tell Sam to get Embry out on patrols as soon as we get there." Once I get a confirmation, we hang up and I grab a quick shower before exiting the bathroom.

I go back to Embry, hitting his shoulder to wake him up. "Hey, up. Sam needs you for patrols." I grab clothing, getting dressed as Embry grumbles and gets up. We go to Sam's and he did exactly as I asked Emily to have him do. He told Embry he needed him. I send him a silent look of thanks before going inside to Emily. We exchanged small talk until we knew they were far enough away. I quickly push my hair from my neck. "What the fuck did he do, Em?" I ask the woman, pointing to the bite. She gasps softly, quickly grabbing my shoulders and bringing me closer. "He didn't." "He did! And he didn't tell me what it meant! Jake told me after the wedding!" She shakes her head, a look of anger passing over her features. 

"God, Sam and I didn't even do that until after we were engaged. And we talked about it. A lot." Her voice held irritation toward Embry's actions. "Yeah, well, Embry never even told me that this was a thing that wolves did." I huff, shaking my head. "I'll make sure Sam talks to him. This is a big thing, Alex." "That's what Jake said. And Embry said something about 'claiming me'? Whatever the fuck that means." I roll my eyes as I cross my arms over my chest. "It means exactly as it sounds. You're his. You belong to him. No other wolf will have anything but a platonic attraction toward you. That little flirting game you always have with Quil and Paul just to piss Embry off? That'll come to a stop as soon as they smell you." She states, moving my hair again. 

I look down at the section of hair that covers the bite. "He didn't even ask, Em." My eyes lift to hers and my brows furrow. "Tell me about how it happened." She motions me to the table as she goes to put the coffee on. We sit and I explain the story. After we got back from the wedding, we didn't think twice before getting into bed again after my comment on how good he looked in his suit. I felt him bite me but I thought nothing of it because he had explained to me before how much he loves marking me as his. Sure, this bite felt different but I assumed it was just because it was the only time we were intimate like that. I hold the warm mug in my hand as I speak after she had poured us both a cup of coffee. "I didn't think it was anything like this."

"What exactly did he tell you when you asked why he did it?" "That he wasn't thinking. That my head was back and it just... kinda happened." She nods, taking a slow, calculating sip of her coffee. "I'll have Sam talk to him. We'll figure something out." "Wait, don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at him or anything. I'm just peeved as to how I found out. I mean, come on, Jake? Jake had to be the one to tell me? I just wish he had told me himself. Granted, we went to sleep nearly immediately after and Jake woke me up when he called to fight with me, but still." I shake my head, sitting my mug down. We sit in silence for a few minutes, her hand sitting on mine soothingly. Embry and Sam come in and the former immediately comes to my side. 

He lifts me from the chair, sitting and placing me in his lap. He moves my hair off my neck and gently presses a kiss to the bite mark, apologizing softly. I look at him, my brows furrowing slightly before my eyes shift to Sam. "Smelled it as soon as you two pulled up." He answers nonchalantly after he kisses Emily. "How badly did he get yelled at?" "Pretty bad." Embry answers, shuddering lightly as he kisses my cheek. I laugh, shaking my head and leaning my back against his chest. "You won't have to worry about him not talking to you about the wolf things anymore." Sam assures, sitting at the table beside Emily. I smile, looking at a guilty looking Embry. "Embry, my love, it's okay." I say softly, kissing the side on his head. 

"You apologized. I'm not mad at you. I was mad at how the situation played out." I set my hands on his as they rest gently on my thighs. I can feel his heart beating heavily but as my hands hold his, it slowly calms. "Do you wanna go? Talk about this a bit?" I ask softly, looking at him as his head rests on my shoulder. He nods, smiling up at me thankfully. "We'll see you guys later." I tell Sam and Emily, hugging Emily and setting my hand on Sam's arm as a thanks. He nods, motioning us out with a soft smile. I take Embry's hand, intertwining our fingers as I look up at him, leading him from the Uley house. As soon as we're outside and near his truck, he presses me gently against it, kissing me lovingly. "I love you." He whispers over and over between kisses.

I giggle, pushing him jokingly as his fingers trail the bite. "I love you too, mutt." I kiss his cheek, looking up at him. "Remember what it's like to get yelled at by Sam the next time you wanna try keeping the whole truth from me." I tease with a smirk. He nods quickly, hands holding my hips tightly. "It won't happen again, baby. I swear." I nod, kissing his jaw and motioning to the truck behind me. "C'mon. I wanna go home, baby." Sam comes out right as we're about to leave, knocking on my window and motioning to roll it down. I do. "Don't forget to either tell Charlie where you're at tonight or I'll go to Embry's and drag your little ass back here." He warns paternally. I laugh, grinning as I nod. "Yessir." "I mean it." He smooths my hair then looks at Embry.

"If I get a call from Charlie tonight asking where his daughter's at, it'll be the end of her staying over there." He states, motioning us to go. "And for the love of God, stop going at it like rabbits! She's sixteen and her dad's a cop!" He shouts after us as Embry pulls away. I laugh, leaning against Embry as he shakes his head, wrapping his arm around my waist and tugging me into the middle. "Seatbelt, Andria." "I was getting there." I huff playfully, buckling the seatbelt across my waist. He leans closer, kissing me softly for a second, eyes on me when he breaks the kiss. "You know I love you, right? You mean the world to me. I know I shouldn't have claimed you, but I needed to." He mumbles, stopping at a stop sign and just staring at me. "I know, Embry." I whisper, cradling his cheek.