Chapter 19

I do not own Percy Jackson or any character associated in the series of PJO or HOO, they all belong to Rick Riordan.

Previously:

I work with Chaos and the Elite to take down the barrier, but I put up another for those who are staying behind to make sure that they are not too injured, before I turn back to Chaos and start to open my mouth to say something.

"Now, we have things to discuss." He levels me with a stern stare, very clearly interrupting me. "Such as how you obviously decided that it was unimportant to tell me about your encounters with an enchanter. Or about how you keep managing to demolish all of my shields in such a short time?"

"Uhh..." I throw a knife towards one of the Elite who started to snicker at how Chaos suddenly got back to these topics again, which I wasn't expecting so soon. "I will reveal a single thing that has to do with your shields breaking all the time."

I'm stared at by both Chaos and the Elite, and I know that they want a really in-depth explanation. Even if it is only about a single point. But I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint.

"I may or may not have discovered a new metal that I have layered onto all my equipment."

And with those words, I'm off before they can try to gain any more information about anything from me.

Chapter 19

My eyes flicker over the entire arena; watching, assessing. Just staring at all of the groups who are practising either their skills or proper fighting.

"How has the training been going?" Chaos questions, coming up from behind me seeing as I practically ignored him when he first turned up, electing to just watch the arena where the said training is going on.

I take a moment to think over what I will say, studying those training. When I do respond, my words start off slow but thoughtful. But my sharp gaze does not leave those inside of the arena.

"It is about how I expected. Some are going strong, others not so much. I do not know how, or why, but their skills in fighting have lessened since I was last here. I have heard that Chiron was unavailable to teach the demigods for a number of years, but..."

I simply sigh.

"What is it?" he asks, frowning slightly and becoming worried when I trail off into my thoughts and don't continue them aloud.

"That's the thing, Chaos, I'm not sure. There is something, but I just can't quite figure out what I need to know."

I see that he studies me for a few moments from out of the corner of my eye before responding, "You will know in time. You always do."

I stay silent, thinking everything I have learned through but continue to pay attention to everything.

"I just hope it is soon enough." I finally respond, overlooking the effort the groups are putting into their training. "Teela, move your feet around more." I command, it being easily heard even over the sounds in the arena. "Group Trindle, pay more attention to your surroundings as you fight against each other."

They do as I say. Chaos levels a sharp look in my direction from the words I said before I addressed the arena.

"What have you found out?" He demands.

"It is all but a suspicion." I try to make it sound nonchalant, but he is not fooled by my outward demeanour.

He stares at me, searching for a hint of something else before finally nodding but continues speaking.