Chapter 3 - A Different Training Camp (w/Seirin)

Kuroko's POV

At Seirin, in the Gym, Riko is sitting on the stage (I'm pretty sure there was a stage kind of thing in Seirin's Gym when Kise first appeared) and everyone else is standing up, surrounding her.

I wonder what Hinata was talking about when he mentioned the training camp. Why he was telling me? He plays volleyball so what does his training camp have to do with me?

"Alright, is everyone here?" Riko asks.

"Wait I think Kuroko is not here yet," Hyuga says, looking around.

"I am here," I say. It kind of hurts a little when people do not notice me. Many people think I do not mind it since my role in basketball was to be, well, a phantom. Though it is pretty funny scaring people when I just 'suddenly' appear.

"Oh, I am so sorry Kuroko, I did not see you there." Hyuga apologizes, bowing slightly.

"It is okay," I say to him.

"Anyway, I called you all here to tell you guys that we will have a training camp in two weeks at Rakuzan with Shutoku, Kaijo, Too, and Yosen. But that is not all. For some reason, Rakuzan called Karasuno, Nekoma, Fukurodani, Shinzen, Ubugawa, and Aoba Johsai as well." Riko said, with a puzzled look on her face.

"Why do you look so confused? It is just a normal basketball training camp right?" Izuki asked Riko.

"No, it is not," Riko replied, "Rakuzan invited their volleyball teams."

*Everyone has a surprised look on their face*

*I cover my mouth*

"Oh no..." I whisper. So this was what Hinata was talking about when he asked me about the training camp.

End of Kuroko's POV

Kagami's POV

"Did you say something Kuroko?" I ask him. He looks kind of distant like he was in his own world. It seemed normal I guess, but this was the first time I have seen him look...almost...scared.

End of Kagami's POV

Kuroko's POV

I need to text Hinata now. I leave the group and sit on one of the benches. Then I pull out my phone

Kuroko: [Hinata, my coach just told me about the training camp]

Hinata: [Oh so are you thinking what I am thinking?]

Kuroko: [Does it involve 'him'?]

Hinata: [Yea]

Kuroko: [Do you think 'he' is searching for us?]

Hinata: [I think so, so we should try and stay low.]

Kuroko: [Yea I agree, although that may be difficult considering the fact that I am still playing basketball.]

Hinata: [Ah right, I forgot about that hehe.]

Kuroko: [Also, have you told anyone at your new school about 'it'?]

Hinata: [No]

Hinata: [Have you told anyone about 'it'?]

Kuroko: [No, but you know my new light that I have been telling you about?]

Hinata: [Yea?]

Kuroko: [He was asked me about you a few days ago.]

Hinata: [Wait what? How does he know about me?]

Kuroko: [He does not.]

Kuroko: [He said something like "the generation of miracles is missing the colors orange and pink in the rainbow of your hair colors"] (Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I was trying to sum up Kuroko and Kagami's conversation from before in one sentence)

Hinata: [Oh.]

Hinata: [What did you tell him?]

Kuroko: [I just said that there was an orange member, called Hinata Shoyo and that you do not play basketball anymore so he didn't need to worry about you.]

Hinata: [Oh okay.]

Hinata: [Thanks for keeping my secret. 😊]

Kuroko: [It is okay.]

"What secret?"

*I jump*

Oh, it is just Kagami. Wait how long was he sitting there? Was he reading my entire conversation?

*I switch off my phone*

"You scared me (He is kind of out of character sorry)," I say, "how long have you been sitting there? And you know it is rude to read other people's private text messages?" I pout.

End of Kuroko's POV

Kagami's POV

For some reason, when I followed Kuroko away from the team, he did not seem to notice me. He was typing a message to someone on his phone and did not really pay attention to his surroundings. Even when he sat down on the bench, and I sat next to him, he still did not notice me. I try to look at who he is texting. I cannot see the name, but they seem to be talking about the training camp. Maybe it is one of Kuroko's friends from one of the schools that we would be meeting up with?

"What secret?" I ask when the other person texts 'thanks for keeping my secret'.

*Kuroko jumps*

Dang, I did not think that he still would not have noticed me. I guess sometimes he can be completely unaware of who is around him.

"You scared me," Kuroko says, "how long have you been sitting there? And you know it is rude to read other people's private text messages?" He pouts.

"Ah I am sorry, but it looked interesting because you did not seem to notice me for the past fifteen minutes," I reply.

*Kuroko stops pouting*

"Oh okay, I am sorry." He stands up and bows, "I will be going now."

"OI WAIT!" I rush after Kuroko. He is so fast when he wants to get away, "YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!"

End of Kagami's POV

Kuroko's POV

What am I supposed to do now? I cannot tell him Hinata's secret, Hinata would kill me. But then again, Kagami is someone I trust, and he is my new light. He would eventually know about Hinata so maybe it is better to tell him now. I should probably ask Hinata first though.

Hinata: [Kuroko?]

Hinata: [Kurokooooooo?]

Hinata: [Are you there?]

Kuroko: [Sorry I left suddenly.]

Kuroko: [My new light, Kagami, saw our conversation and wants to know who you are, do you think we could meet up?]

Hinata: [Wait how did he see our conversation?]

Kuroko: [Oh I did not notice him sitting beside me because I was too engrossed in our conversation. 🤦🏻‍♂️]

Hinata: [Oh.]

Hinata: [I guess since he is your new light, we can meet up...]

Hinata: [I want to see if he is as good as you say he is.]

Kuroko: [Okay, how about tomorrow morning?]

Hinata: [Sure, I'll meet you at xxxxx.]

End of Kuroko's POV

END OF CHAPTER 3 – A DIFFERENT TRAINING CAMP (W/ SEIRIN)

Word Count: 1058